1996 Lynch-Moussas has been uncorked - and recorked

Houndsong

1996 Lynch-Moussas has been uncorked - and recorked

Post by Houndsong »

It smelled so good I thought to keep it bottled up instead of breathing. Rich, deep, dark. We'll see how it tastes in 2 hours and 50 minutes.
alchemeus

Re: 1996 Lynch-Moussas has been uncorked - and recorked

Post by alchemeus »

Hound

Odd. I'd have taken a glass to enjoy. Maybe just sniff until the meal is ready. Aah, love sniffing a great aromatic wine.
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

I realize it's a crazy world, and then there's the Hound. But.. ummm... huh?
-Chasse
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Same wine, Alch?

I wonder how many people all around the world enjoyed a 1996 Lynch-Moussas last night. Anyway the wine remains fresh and vibrant. I think the tannin is pretty well in the green light phase. The wine has powerful acidity; this is not to say it's in anyway tart or unenjoyable. On the contrary it's part of a powerful fruit presence and that what will carry this wine in the out years. Medium weight but large-scaled fruit. Not glycerous, not sweet. A real food wine. Got some Christmas spices in the bouquet. Went well with pan seared, oven finished ribeye, spaetzle, and Bavarian sauerkraut.
alchemeus

Post by alchemeus »

Houndsong wrote:Same wine, Alch?

I wonder how many people all around the world enjoyed a 1996 Lynch-Moussas last night. Anyway the wine remains fresh and vibrant. I think the tannin is pretty well in the green light phase. The wine has powerful acidity; this is not to say it's in anyway tart or unenjoyable. On the contrary it's part of a powerful fruit presence and that what will carry this wine in the out years. Medium weight but large-scaled fruit. Not glycerous, not sweet. A real food wine. Got some Christmas spices in the bouquet. Went well with pan seared, oven finished ribeye, spaetzle, and Bavarian sauerkraut.
Well not obviously as I wasn't there. But I have had many a bottle (6) of the 1996 Lynch-Moussas. Several years ago. From my cellar they were fully mature and complex. Loved them. I'd say they would be starting to get old by now. YMMV. To each his/her own.
AKR

Post by AKR »

wow whatever happened to alchemeus?