BWE10 Thursday and Friday Nights

Rick

BWE10 Thursday and Friday Nights

Post by Rick »

Jon and I were talking today

A really good steak place Vs Capital Grill fell through today.

Here are a couple of ideas that I talked to this afternoon that will take us for smaller groups which often happen on Thur and Fri nights

I would still like to do a Friday 07 Rhone theme (Tim I have you covered) for Friday night at the Capital Grille unless we find another option which we are still looking

There are 100s of options in Chicago but here are two I have researched and are close for other than the Rhone night

Thursday or Friday
The C House , www.c-houserestaurant.com is in the hotel we are staying at. It is a fish and chop house if we want German and Alsacian and burgundy theme. The GM said he will waive corkage for us. Has a very nice high bar type table that seats 14 and has plenty of room for wines that he says is used for meals like this. Or he has a table for 10 in dining room. This was voted best new Resturant in Chicgao in 2009 so their VM says.

Thursday Night Only
Les Nomades, www.lesnomades.net which Jon N says is one of his favorate places and is onle a couple block walk from hotel has free corage on Thursday night . 1 btl per couple however he said if we buy a botle of Campagne he will waive the corkage on other wines. We would likely be in main dining unless slow night he would put us in semi private area. To research semi private we would need to committ to $1900 for up to 14 peopel

Any Thoughts
JCNorthway

Re: BWE10 Thursday and Friday Nights

Post by JCNorthway »

Rick, regarding Les Nomades, is that one bottle of Champagne for the entire group? Or maybe enough bottles to serve everyone? Even if the latter, that's not a bad option if people are interested in that restaurant.

For anyone interested in considering this, it is fine dining - French in style but not classic French - and it is relatively costly (I think slightly over $100 for a 4-course meal). But you will be hard pressed to find better food in Chicago, and it comes with top notch professional service. The setting is somewhat traditional, but it all works together to create the experience.

Jon
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

I'd certainly vote for les Nomades on Thursday. Excellant food,service etc. Pricy yes but worth it for the quality.
The chef at the hotel has been on the Food Network a couple of times that I've seen.I recognized his picture from the hotel web site. Might not be a bad idea to try it on Friday. Some pretty good Italian restaurants in that area as well.

Danny
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thursday is usually a whomever-is-in-town-breaks-up-for-separate-dinners night, but on Friday night we usually try to get as many people together as possible for one theme dinner.
Rick

Post by Rick »

bump..........this has some links in it