Some young Bourgogne and a 2008 Léoville Barton

Nicklasss

Some young Bourgogne and a 2008 Léoville Barton

Post by Nicklasss »

Last Saturday night, back from 2 weeks in BC...
Attachments
All good
All good
Nicklasss

Re: Some young Bourgogne and a 2008 Léoville Barton

Post by Nicklasss »

We lost control a bit, but it was fun, with MC's brother and his wife. For the wines,

2018 Albert Bichot Pommard 1er Cru Rugiens : great stuff, even if young. Spicy, with that meaty mineral fruit, with tannins and great lenght. I will keep my other bottles for minimum 10 years. Tn: 92+.

2008 Chateau Léoville Barton: in a good spot,but may also take some more years. Dark,complex wine, with that ripe blackcurrants, some vegetals, integrated oak. This is full of "resplendissant élégance", with nice power too. A nice Barton becoming a Saint Julien beauty. Tn: 93.

2019 Albert Bichot Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchaude: nice, with that perfecr Bourgogne red, with intense Côte de Beaune creamy red and dark fruits, light spices, light musk or ferald, and more fruit. Good freshness, easy to like. Will age well too, but no regrets to jave opeed a bottle early. Bichot has produced excellent Bourgogne in 2018 and 2019, from my small sample. Tn: 93.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Nice. I’ve got an unopened case of 2008 Leoville Poyferre, I’m thinking of holding it a while longer .
stefan

Post by stefan »

Nice wines. While I don't like to drink young cab based wines, some young Pinot Noirs are wonderful.
Ianjaig

Post by Ianjaig »

Thanks for the notes.

I have a couple of LB 08s left and was pondering whether to open or not. Will hold a bit longer given your suggestion. Cheers.