2 more than excellent wines, for Québec National Day

Nicklasss

2 more than excellent wines, for Québec National Day

Post by Nicklasss »

Evening of St-Jean, June 24th, the Québec National Day, the Sancerre, really extra. Really a terroir that transcends the grape at this producer. White flowers, cassis bush, light lemon and an incredible minerality, coming from the shells in the ground. Fine, airy mouth, while being intense and extremely long. Convincing.

The Gevrey, produced biodynamically, is just as grandiose. Superb nose of red berries, raspberries, pepper, flowers and spices. Intensely scented! Very Burgundian on the palate, complex pinot, mineral, good ripe fruit, light barrel and spices (pepper and nutmeg). Good structure with fine tannins, freshness and a finish of old ripe red berries and soil. Big emotion with that village wine! I should have bought more...
Attachments
Two more than excellent wines.
Two more than excellent wines.
Chateau Vin

Re: 2 more than excellent wines, for Québec National Day

Post by Chateau Vin »

Nicklasss wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:28 pm Evening of St-Jean, June 24th, the Québec National Day, the Sancerre, really extra. Really a terroir that transcends the grape at this producer. White flowers, cassis bush, light lemon and an incredible minerality, coming from the shells in the ground. Fine, airy mouth, while being intense and extremely long. Convincing.

The Gevrey, produced biodynamically, is just as grandiose. Superb nose of red berries, raspberries, pepper, flowers and spices. Intensely scented! Very Burgundian on the palate, complex pinot, mineral, good ripe fruit, light barrel and spices (pepper and nutmeg). Good structure with fine tannins, freshness and a finish of old ripe red berries and soil. Big emotion with that village wine! I should have bought more...
I was also looking for tasting notes on the Banana Boat producer, but couldn’t find in your post... :lol: :lol:
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Chateau Vin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 pm
Nicklasss wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:28 pm Evening of St-Jean, June 24th, the Québec National Day, the Sancerre, really extra. Really a terroir that transcends the grape at this producer. White flowers, cassis bush, light lemon and an incredible minerality, coming from the shells in the ground. Fine, airy mouth, while being intense and extremely long. Convincing.

I was also looking for tasting notes on the Banana Boat producer, but couldn’t find in your post... :lol: :lol:
LOL… “Reminiscent of a Duboeuf Beaujolais…”
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Unfortunately, the Banana Boat was.corked. 😂