MC birthday dinner in London

Nicklasss

MC birthday dinner in London

Post by Nicklasss »

A big thanks to Ian for the restaurant recommendation, Noizé. We had a great time all the way : reception and attention from the staff, and the immense meal quality. Let say it was kinda perfect, from A to Z. My appetizer of cornish squid was delicious, but my main meal of veal filet and sweetbread was glorious! MC's veal osso buco was also delicious, and all plates were completely (entirely completely, that is rare) empty! Dessert were great too, so we had a great time! Best part is when Béatrice asked who's paying as she wanted to go, and i said the first asking is the one paying. I add that we would have to break her little pig shape bank at home to pay, but she answered no, as dad, you're my little pig bank! Upsetting!
Nicklasss

Re: MC birthday dinner in London

Post by Nicklasss »

For wines, Ian was kind enough to give me 2 wines of MC birtyear on Thursday, to bring to that dinner, the 1976 Magdelaine and the 1976 La Lagune as backup.

To start the night and drink with appetizer, i ordered a 2020 Outis Etna white on Mathieu's recommendation, as he is the sommelier and owner. The white was dry and fresh, with lemon and lime aromas and taste, mixed with basil on the nose, and oily fruit and minerality in mouth, giving lenght to the final. Very good and i would rate it 89.

We had the 1976 Magdelaine, and it was a deception... that Ian wasn't with us to enjoy that specific bottle. The color was red of an aged wine, but not an old wine. Nose started with a nice porcini mushroom and dead leave, but thise were buried under some nice old sweet cherries, figs, complex noble oak, and sweet blackberries. All the seductiveness of old merlot wine. In mouth, balanced, still very fruity, very light infused chocolate note, medium concentrated red cherries, light rasberries, and that complex sweet wood, light hummus and mineral. Decent lenght, but i guess that bottle was ready for it's last stand tonight. That being said, perfumed in mouth and MC liked this birthdaypresent a lot. An excellent bottle, very sound, charming, with good concentration, maybe just missing a bit of lenght. But without a doubt a 91 to 92 points rating.

Thanks again Ian for making our first presence in London, unforgettable.
Attachments
Engaging 1976 Magdelaine tonight, a super 36 yo bottle...
Engaging 1976 Magdelaine tonight, a super 36 yo bottle...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Happy birthday Marie Claude!
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Sounds like a lovely dinner and birthday celebration. Happy Birthday to MC.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

What a birthday in London. Ian should get royalties for everyone that he sends to Noize but glad that you had a memorable meal as we did our last time through. Good wines, food and a special celebration all good but a special Bonne Fete. to Marie Claude. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Judging from this Rolling Stones video from yesterday's concert in Hyde Park it looks like you're having some beautiful weather!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIsSZqvJBHg

Send pictures!
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I believe the Comte saw his favorite band in the park!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Happy birthday Marie Claude! You got a great present.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Round 2/3 is tonight - Italian - we are having lovely weather here - not too hot - ~75F and sunny
jckba

Post by jckba »

Comte Flaneur wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:49 pm Round 2/3 is tonight - Italian - we are having lovely weather here - not too hot - ~75F and sunny
I am guessing we will see an Azelia or Burlotto or Cappellano make an appearance … now I know my ABCs, next time won’t you sing with me ;)
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Wonder.ful...I think your 76 vintage birth year is underrated...HBD Nic!