Post by Dionysus »

2 * 2016 Figeac 750ml
Conor
JimHow

Re: So what have you bought lately?

Post by JimHow »

Well done, Dio.
Very well done indeed.
2016 from either bank you can't go wrong.
jal

Post by jal »

5 x 2014 Louis Michel Chablis Grand Cru Vaudesir half bottles
Best

Jacques
stefan

Post by stefan »

Lucky find, Jacques. Was this a local purchase?
jal

Post by jal »

It was Bill, $40 per bottle. The last ones in the store
Best

Jacques
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

2 x 2016 Cantemerle
3 x 2019 François Raquillet Mercurey vieilles vignes.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Case of 2021 Domaine Tempier Rose @ $37.39/btl + tax from 67th Street Wine and Spirits while using their expiring today 15% off ‘ROSE15’ coupon code.
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

A magnum of 2019 Durfort Vivens
Some 2021 Falkensteins Gisela and Kugel Peter
Some 2020 Baudry
And more than I intended to buy from the Last Bottle Marathon
Brian Pinci
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

2x 2005 Talbot (my first Talbot purchase somehow as they always seem overpriced, these were a deal)
1x 1998 Tertre Rotebouf (First TR purchase, also a deal. Hard to go wrong with 98 right bank, right?)
1x 1983 Joseph Drouhin Charmes Chambertin(Flyer)
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

3 x 2019 Canon La Gaffeliere
7 x 2014 La Lagune
3 x 2010 Haut Brion
2 x 2017 Keller Dalsheimer Hubacker TBA Goldkapsel (375 ml)
stefan

Post by stefan »

Do you plan on bringing the Haut Brion to That Great Tasting Room in the Sky to share with me?
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

stefan wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:12 pm Do you plan on bringing the Haut Brion to That Great Tasting Room in the Sky to share with me?
That 2010 is Axe from Billion's daily drinker right now...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Wow! Three bottles of 2010 Haut Brion. Dare you be so beautiful.
Well done, DavidG. Very well done indeed!
Dandersson

Post by Dandersson »

2 Bottles of Ch Larose Trintaudon 2016, while fetching my 2019 Futures at Mac Arthur's (2 bottles of La Lagune, and half bottle of d'Issan).
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well done Dander. Oh? The MacArthur’s futures are in?
Dandersson

Post by Dandersson »

Yes, Mine from Mac Arthur's came in about maybe two weeks ago but email from them got into the junk email folder.
So, I went down today and combined it with voting at the embassy.
Dandersson

Post by Dandersson »

Just ordered 3 bottles of Ch Leoville Barton from 2021. My daughter's birth year.

Best, Dan
stefan

Post by stefan »

2 1995 D'Armailhac

2 2000 Cantemerle
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

Guys
Picked up 6 OWC 2016 Leoville Las Cases at auction plus one magnum VR Suchots and 6 Pommard 1er Cru both from 2018.

Also been buying more 2019 Justin Girardin Burgundies from SLB, Santenay, Chassagne Montrachet Rouge and Pommard, plus 2019 Beaune 1ers Crus from Morot, being a few from each of several vineyards - Marconnets, Bressandes, Teurons etc.

Not sure if any of you see Justin Girardin wines. I’ve done a few Zoom tastings with him and the local importer. They are very good value particularly when the inflated prices of most Burgundies are considered. His whites are good but the reds are better though that is most of his production. The 2014s are a’ point now and I’ve been impressed by the vineyard characteristics that give each wine distinctive flavours.
stefan

Post by stefan »

You can get Justin Girardin wines here but I have not tried them. Interesting that his reds are better than his whites. The reverse is true for his uncle's wines.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I bought four six packs of Troplong Mondot - two of the 2018 and two of the 2019, at ~£380 per six-pack ex taxes.

I had been meaning to buy these anyway because you have the irresistible trifecta of reasonable prices, fantastic terroir and much more intelligent dialled down winemaking.

I am not expecting this to be ungraded to a St-E first growth, but it is a kinda lottery ticket because the probability is not absolutely zero. And I would be kicking myself in the extremely unlikely event it happened in a week or so
stefan

Post by stefan »

2 2005 TertreDaugay @ $50
2 2005 l'Arrosée @ $56
Last edited by stefan on Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Claudius2 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:57 pm Guys
Picked up 6 OWC 2016 Leoville Las Cases at auction plus one magnum VR Suchots and 6 Pommard 1er Cru both from 2018.

Also been buying more 2019 Justin Girardin Burgundies from SLB, Santenay, Chassagne Montrachet Rouge and Pommard, plus 2019 Beaune 1ers Crus from Morot, being a few from each of several vineyards - Marconnets, Bressandes, Teurons etc.

Not sure if any of you see Justin Girardin wines. I’ve done a few Zoom tastings with him and the local importer. They are very good value particularly when the inflated prices of most Burgundies are considered. His whites are good but the reds are better though that is most of his production. The 2014s are a’ point now and I’ve been impressed by the vineyard characteristics that give each wine distinctive flavours.
Hi claudius. It has been a long time i did not had an Albert Morot red wines. Recent vintages are as good as his wine from 12-15 years ago? Considering to buy some too.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

stefan wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:12 pm Do you plan on bringing the Haut Brion to That Great Tasting Room in the Sky to share with me?
I figure we’ll be enjoying at least one of them together in the here and now. Delivery in November… 2023 BWE Convention?
stefan

Post by stefan »

1 1996 Clerc Milon
1 2000 Clerc Milon

$192.50 all in. I think I now have enough mature Bordeaux in Oregon for our next period there.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Two half cases of Belair Monange 2018 for £595 ib each - though I am not expecting this estate to be upgraded until 2032, the chances of it happening in 2022 are not zero. But I bought these for defensible reasons too, including that it is - according to sources I deem to be reliable, including a kiwi chap and BWE member called Moon - a magnificent wine keenly priced for the quality.

I am going to include this at a Magdelaine-Belair event later this year.
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

2x 2016 San Filippo Le Lucere Riserva Brunello for what seems quite a deal at $130 each. WDC coupon plus Raise.com giftcards.

First buy from WDC in quite a while. I really loved the regular 2016.
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

stefan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:05 pm You can get Justin Girardin wines here but I have not tried them. Interesting that his reds are better than his whites. The reverse is true for his uncle's wines.
Stefan
Yes I agree, though most of Justin’s vineyards are red including Chassagne Montrachets. I quite like his Savigny Les Beaunes and village Pommard at their price points. The SLB Gollardes is about SGD 40 here or about E28, so I can only imagine it would be half that in France. So at that price I’m quite impressed.

Justin likes his Santenay 1ers Crus (Beauregard, Maladiere etc) though their style is of more obviously modern wines with fresh up front fruit. I’ve done two online Zoom based tastings with him and the local importer and he seems to have a different view of his Santenays and other wines.

Clearly he is trying hard to give nice wines at reasonable prices and they are well made and reliable but of course they are not DRC or Rousseau. They are worth seeking out for value which these days is hard to find. The SLB Gollardes is the same price as many commercial new world Pinots and is a mile better than the last round of NZ Pinots recently tried.
stefan

Post by stefan »

3 1998 Certan de May $351 all in.

Thanks, Mark. I'll try to source some Justin Girardin Santenays to compare with comparably priced Oregon Pinots that we like.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Good one, Stefan!
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Comte Flaneur wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:25 am Two half cases of Belair Monange 2018 for £595 ib each - though I am not expecting this estate to be upgraded until 2032, the chances of it happening in 2022 are not zero. But I bought these for defensible reasons too, including that it is - according to sources I deem to be reliable, including a kiwi chap and BWE member called Moon - a magnificent wine keenly priced for the quality.

I am going to include this at a Magdelaine-Belair event later this year.
Ian, I am very curious when you do include it. The B-M was a sign of the changing of the guard at Moueix, with Edouard taking over from Christian. I like the Magdelaine over B-M, but having tasted a few Monanges, they seem to show well in more classic vintages like 2008 and 2014. I have feeling it may not do as well in such a ripe vintage as 2018, so as I am extremely curious.
Not sure about upgrading; it is good on social media, and the parking is excellent. :D
Seriously, it would not surprise me, given the clout of the Moueix family and their negociant business.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Mark - on the upgrade I think it was Edouard - but it may have been his dad - who recently said that B-M is not ready to be upgraded.

The context behind this is that they see this as a long term project and have put in huge investment. They are not expecting an immediate big return on that investment. Very much taking the long perspective.

When Alex, Patrick and I visited last October they told us that a lot of the old vines in the Belair and Magdelaine vineyards had to be uprooted because they had fallen into a state of disrepair, so both vineyards have a highish proportion of young vines which need to mature.

Clearly the goal here is to make something that is the equal of Ausone and Cheval Blanc, but they see this as a work in progress, and are prepared to be patient.

When we went there Patrick and I were kind of predisposed to hostile questioning as to what are they doing with the legacy of our beloved Magdelaine? But I was mightily impressed by the 2015 B-M. Though it was clearly ripe, it carried its alcohol well and had a captivating limestone terroir note, and the new oak was only 40%. The 2018 Lafleur Petrus was equally impressive in a very different way.

Today I acquired a six pack of the 2014 B-M for £438 all in including delivery, so that will go into the mix too.
stefan

Post by stefan »

3 2009 Sociando-Mallet "Cuvée Jean Gautreau" $205 all in
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The Stefan machine.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

How do you know whether a Sociando Mallett is a “Cuvée Jean Gautreau “? Can somebody post a picture of the label?
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

JimHow wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:03 am How do you know whether a Sociando Mallett is a “Cuvée Jean Gautreau “? Can somebody post a picture of the label?
According to CT
sociando jean label.jpg
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ah ok thanks
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

stefan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:37 pm 2 2005 TertreDaugay @ $50
2 2005 l'Arrosée @ $56
Stefan
I should have said this earlier but I have drunk 9-10 of the 2005 Tertre Daugay after buying a full case at auction several years ago. The wine is too alcoholic at 15%ABV for my palate and the oak treatment is heavy handed.

I first reviewed it here with a note saying: THIS is a St Emilion?”

Presumably you mean USD but the wine I bought here cost considerably less than that and I sent the last few to auction as I could not cope with any more of it.

It would be interesting to see what you think of it and I’m sorry if my comments put you off the wine.
When I first bought it, I wondered if more time would help but if anything the fruit faded and the alcohol and charry oak characters became more obvious.

Cheers
Mark
stefan

Post by stefan »

Mark, I bought the Tertre Daugay to mix with coca-cola for certain relatives who will visit us in Oregon.
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

2016 Pichon Baron
2016 Pichon Lalande
2021 Falkenstein Forster
2021 Donnhoff Leisterberger Kab
2019 Dagueneau Pur Sang

My last purchases for a while - retired today so picked these up to celebrate. And drank a 2005 Chablisienne Les Clos and a 2010 Uccelleria Brunello to kick off the party.
Brian Pinci