Let's get ready to rumble!

JimHow

Let's get ready to rumble!

Post by JimHow »

Finishing up the last of my court paperwork, watering the plants, eliminating items from my iPhone "things to do" list in preparation for the trip to Washington, DC, for the 22nd consecutive annual BWE convention! It's been a long stretch of work, work, work, combined with a boring lengthy fast from alcohol culminating in my annual primary doctor check up this afternoon and then... Let's get ready to rumble! I haven't even begun to think about what wines to bring, better get down in the cellar and hopping to it....

I never take for granted how incredible it is that we have been doing this for 22 straight years, through terrorist attacks, and financial collapses, and political instability, and even global plagues. As Mr. Vino said to me recently, BWE is an oasis from the world's problems, where peace and love and friendship and goodwill prevail. Well, he said the "oasis" part anyway. Again, a big heartfelt thanks to Joel for taking the reins on all of this. See you all soon!

BD
stefan

Re: Let's get ready to rumble!

Post by stefan »

>>
I haven't even begun to think about what wines to bring
>>

Really? I picked and packed ours last week. Took me quite some time. OTOH, I packed clothes just a few minutes ago. Took 45 seconds.

Tonight we'll choke down a 2012 Clos de Jean CdP with beef stew. That will make us appreciate what we drink at BWE22 even more.
Dionysus

Re: Let's get ready to rumble!

Post by Dionysus »

I've been reading with great jealously all the plans afoot for this coming weekend. Sorry I won't be able to join you all, but hopefully we'll get to meet soon. BWE London 2023!!!

Joel, congratulations on all the planning for this event. I've organised a few large events in a previously life and know the amount of time and effort that goes into it. Your updates and clear instructions along the way were nothing short of excellent. Bravo.

Drinking good wine is such a treat. But drinking good wine with great friends is truly one of life's great pleasures. Enjoy
Conor