ATTENTION - WINE SHIPMENTS FOR BWE 10

JCNorthway

ATTENTION - WINE SHIPMENTS FOR BWE 10

Post by JCNorthway »

For anyone who is considering how to have wine shipped to Chicago for the BWE event, I received the following information this afternoon from one of the managers at the Affinia Hotel:

* Your guests can ship the wine to their own attention in the hotel
* We will receive the box, sign for it, but the guest will be responsible – The hotel will not be responsible for any boxes or its contents and we do have a waiver that would need to be signed for anyone shipping these items to the property
* We do not have a temperature controlled storage area for wines
* When guests have anything left over, they will have to ship these items themselves as we cannot ship these items

So basically you can ship wines to the hotel, but will take no responsibility for its care and storage conditions. If you feel those conditions will not work for you, I would suggest that you contact Rick, who has said that he could accept a limited amount of shipments.

Jon
JCNorthway

Re: ATTENTION - WINE SHIPMENTS FOR BWE 10

Post by JCNorthway »

I asked the Affinia Hotel contact how people should coordinate the signing of a waiver. The response was to please contact her directly to coordinate:

Michaela Rasocha, but goes by "Kila" for short
Email: mrasocha@affinia.com

Jon
SF Ed

Re: ATTENTION - WINE SHIPMENTS FOR BWE 10

Post by SF Ed »

This will work for me. If it were the middle of summer I would be worried about storage, but at the end of March, not so much. Bordeaux can handle room temperature in styro shippers for a few days. Thanks for arranging this! I know every step of the way is real work for these events.

SF Ed