Period details matter

jckba

Period details matter

Post by jckba »

While I certainly enjoyed spotting a cameo of a bottle of Leoville Barton on the coffee table in S2:E7 of The Crown at the 31:55 minute marker, I couldn’t help but realize that this is clearly not the correct label from that bygone era. The episode starts off with an August 1959 date which means that we would be expecting to see a bottle from the 1950’s (like in pic #3). The gated current day Leoville Barton label did not surface until 1985 and have never seen one with red foil. Bad prop and I am not sure I will be able to continue watching the series as a result :mrgreen:
The shot
The shot
The closeup of the btl
The closeup of the btl
What the label should have looked like and is what the current day Reserve bottling pays hommage too
What the label should have looked like and is what the current day Reserve bottling pays hommage too
SF Ed

Re: Period details matter

Post by SF Ed »

Good eye! I wonder how many other details we miss because we aren't experts in everything.

SF Ed
stefan

Post by stefan »

Maybe a Traveller brought that bottle.
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Anthony Barton and Princess Margaret were close friends, so not surprised to see his wine at the palace. There are rumors of an affair, but never substantiated.