TN: 1993 Jean Tardy Nuits St. Georges Au Bas De Combe

Claret

TN: 1993 Jean Tardy Nuits St. Georges Au Bas De Combe

Post by Claret »

This is a nicely maturing 1993 that has softened up and resolved into the silky elegance that 15 years of age has brought forth on the tqnnins. Still vibrant acidity anchors forest floor, spice and some red fruits without any funkiness. The finish is moderate to long, and over all is a fine wine that is at peak for my taste.

Parker blew the 1993 red vintage call. No wonder he stays away from Burg reviews.
Glenn
PappaDoc

Re: TN: 1993 Jean Tardy Nuits St. Georges Au Bas De Combe

Post by PappaDoc »

Glenn,

I've had the 93 Tardy Vosne-Romanee "Les Chaumes" three times. The first was when I purchased them in 1997-98 and it was too acidict. I waited 5-6 years and the wine was beautiful, last btl was two years ago and was fully mature and the best of the three. I have one of the 1996 and will open it sometime this year.

I had his 93 Clos Vougeot two years ago and that was quite nice as well. I've always been pleased with Tardy.

Hope to see you on your next trip east.

John
Claret

Re: TN: 1993 Jean Tardy Nuits St. Georges Au Bas De Combe

Post by Claret »

Hi John, I will let you know when I come back East. I had the 1993 Clos Vouget lined up for my brithday in 2005 or 6, and when I put the corkscrew tot he cork, the cork pushed itself in. The wine was bad and I went to a backup. I have one 1993 Boudout left from Tardy.
Glenn