Goodbye Laville Haut Brion

AlexR

Goodbye Laville Haut Brion

Post by AlexR »

The guys at Haut Brion are sure shuffling things around!

- The second wine of Haut Brion has become "Le Clarence de Haut Brion," a name not everyone finds particularly melodious...
Bahans Haut Brion will disappear.
- The grand cru classé La Tour Haut Brion was simply eliminated. The Château said that the wine was "blended with La Chappelle de La Mission Haut Brion," but I would not be surprised if it simply became "La Mission Haut Brion". I regret this change.

The most recent news is that starting with the 2009 vintage, Laville Haut Brion will cease to exist. It will be called "La Mision Haut Brion Blanc".

The article in this morning's newspaper says "La Clarté de Haut Brion devient le second vin blanc de la Mission Haut Brion comme de Château Haut Brion". This left me in some doubt as to whether the "Clarté" encompasses the second wine of *both* Haut Brion and La Mission Haut Brion, or if there will be a "Clareté de Haut Brion" (replacing "Les Plantiers de Haut Brion") and a "Clareté de La Mission Haut Brion"...
I'll find out soon enough.

I'm not sure I understand the point of all this, but it sure helps to know that there will shortly be some "new" wines out there.

Best regards,
Alex R.
DavidG

Re: Goodbye Laville Haut Brion

Post by DavidG »

Lacks Clareté to me as well...