THANKS TO BWE FOR MAKING LIFE WONDERFUL!

RDD

THANKS TO BWE FOR MAKING LIFE WONDERFUL!

Post by RDD »

I just wanted to list some random Thanks Yous
1. BD and original BWE crew for starting an alternative venue for Bordeaux lovers.
2.The Chicago crew for all the hours of work it took to arrange the wonderful dinner. Rick,Jon,John,Bob and understanding spousal units. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.
3.Howard for hooking us up with great rates!
4.Tim and MichaelP for expending so much effort to make the long trip and providing great wines. The 5L was very generous Michael. And Tim the 59 was tremendous as well as the wine from Argentina.
5.Bill and Jan for convincing us to go visit the Art Institute. And Bill for the 1990 Filhout and the 1986 Gruard Larose.
6.DavidG for bringing the SQN. I was close in my guess but not that close.
7.Chris for the 1990 Pape Clement and the love for Reisling.
8.Chris and Werner for bringing Tessa (she was the star of the evening.)
9.Ed for the 1990 Yquem.
10.BWE for the maturity in sharing and pouring modestly. WE all know how rare that is at other tastings.

But most of all to the lovely ladies. Wine is wonderful drink but when shared in the compay of such gorgeous and gracious women it becomes a magical elixir.
Rick

Re: THANKS TO BWE FOR MAKING LIFE WONDERFUL!

Post by Rick »

Rob thanks for remiding me of Tim's wine

Tim did bring what for me was the most unusual wine of the event ....a high end Argentina wine that he had just picked up in Argintina on his way to Chicago.......we were guessing all over the place Thursday night but not Argentina
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'll tell you, that 1990 Filhot Creme de Tete always wows me.
Other highlights from Saturday night:
1982 Haut Brion
1978 Pichon Lalande (Didn't you also bring that last year, Werner? I think it was my wine of the night last year, great this year too.)
1959 Talbot... showing so well right now.
1996 Pichon Lalande

Ricky said, and I agree, I don't know if we've seen such consistently great wines.

That '04 Pape Clement Blanc was great with the crab cake.

And on and on....

We really out-did ourselves, thank you to everyone for your generosity!

1990 d'Yquem

Gruauds 82 and 86....

Goodness!
tim

Post by tim »

Tim did bring what for me was the most unusual wine of the event ....a high end Argentina wine that he had just picked up in Argintina on his way to Chicago.......we were guessing all over the place Thursday night but not Argentina
The Argentina wine was the 2006 Cobos Nico.
aimeedogdogdog

Post by aimeedogdogdog »

Jim,

Last year it was the '83 Lalande.

I would like to thank you for creating this website which throughout the last 10 years has been providing a lot of fun, friendship, interesting discussion, common interest in Bordeaux/wines to share, and last but not least a great sense of "life is good"!

Werner