TN: 2006 d'Armailhac

Chasse-Spleen

TN: 2006 d'Armailhac

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

2006 d'Armailhac

I really liked this wine. Dark, opaque purple color. Very nice nose with oak, currants and asian spices. Soft entry with fine tannins and great balance. Medium finish. Extremely rich nose. Super silky palate and texture, really smooth. Medium bodied. Some earthy minerals. The main thing about this wine was the sense of how "posh" it was. It had real class. It had a little bit of that Mouton lushness. Ian said that it was cocooned, meaning that there was more hiding, more to give later. But I felt that it was quite forward and giving a lot. Not super complex with different flavors each sip and intense evolution over the evening - it didn't last that long. Too delicious (and too many other wines open)! Really stylish. Potentially a kind of modern wine, but with so much style and so Bordeaux. Please try it and report back!

-Chasse
JimHow

Re: TN: 2006 d'Armailhac

Post by JimHow »

I agree, Chasse, the d'Armailhac is one of the few 2006s I've been excited about.
rjsussex

Post by rjsussex »

I like the 06 Clerc Milon, though I know Jim was not keen. Very classy nose, plush palate with evident Merlot component. But not a very long-keeper.

Richard
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Agree with d'armailhac opinion but there are others. Cos,Gruaud Larose,d'Issan,de Chevalier,Lynch Bages and Pichon Baron at the right price are very worthwhile picks. The Leoville Lascasse I think has to be the wine of the vintage. If this comes down in price it's a great wine.

Danny
Danny