White with lobsters last night

Nicklasss

White with lobsters last night

Post by Nicklasss »

We had a « lobsta extravaganza » last night with friends.

15 lobsters were judged, and recognized guilty to have killed many sea urcins, small crabs and mussels, so condemned to death penalty…

Some white wines :

Domaine d’Orfeuilles Vouvray Brut mousseux : everyone were more positive than me on that wine, as i thougth it was simple, a bit to big in sugar and mainly on overipe apple tones.

2022 Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis Sainte Claire : excellent like every vintage. Light lemony tones, shell minreal, white flowers, and fresh. Medium body chardonnay with no oak are kind of favorite to me.

2021 Oudin Chablis Les Serres : this was even better than the Brocard. Same type of Chablis but add more complexity with some yellow fruits and very light salty butter. Very nice.

2022 Domaine Ducasse Bordeaux Blanc: 75 semillon, 25 sauvignon blanc around Barsac. Lemon, green lemon, herbs, greenmelon, a touch of honey. The Dubourdieu are pros for Bordeaux dry white! Excellent.

2022 Domaine Delaporte Sancerre Monts Damnés : what a wine, from that great terroir. Mixture of fruit (green lemon, green apple), cassis bush, sweet white berries, light shell mineral, and a gun powder smoky character. Medium body, fresh, balanced, long. Not a wow wine but still not far from it.