The 2005 Chateau Latour

Nicklasss

The 2005 Chateau Latour

Post by Nicklasss »

-Martillac. I bought a few bottles of that Pessac-Léognan, after reading good comments about it in La Presse (Montréal newspaper). And how a Cru Classé from the Graves, could miss their wine in 2005? Impossible. So the 2005 Chateau Latour-Martillac is totally genuine from the Graves area. No wet earth or concentrated dark berries from St-Estèphe, no cedar or blackcurrant or graphite from Pauillac, no balanced dark and red fruit with noble oak from St-Julien, no Margaux berries or concentrated flowers from the Margaux. The 2005 Chateau Latour-Martillac, i repeat, is typical graves character. Dark red wine, the nose is shy, but a mix of green peppercorn, smoke, minerals, sandal wood and ripe red berries. Everything is there but shy. In mouth, it is better. Again, typical Graves. Flavors of soft tobacco, red and dark berries, light dark chocolate, smoke and a long final on minerals and plums. Ripe and with a good acidity. Great super drinkable Bordeaux. Nothing of a blockbustrer but a genuine satisfying Pessac-Léognan. I like that serious austere style. TN : 90-91+. Well done and will last 15 years. And it is HALF the price of the 2005 Chateau Lagrange, around here…

Nic
Comte Flaneur

Re: The 2005 Chateau Latour

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Sounds like a bargain Nic...thanks for the notes...another great Latour bargain from the 2005 vintage, no less...?