TN: Some good wines

Harry C.

TN: Some good wines

Post by Harry C. »

• 2008 Peter Michael Chardonnay Belle Côte - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (9/26/2010)
    Piss yellow. Nose of vanilla,lemon zest, citrus, mango. Taste had some subtle oak-does Nick Morlet have a lighter hand that big bro Luc? Either way, delish and better than 2007 which is high praise. (94 pts.)
  • 2002 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Nahe (9/25/2010)
    golden yellow. Nose was vanilla, citrus and honeyed cream. Taste was oily smooth with the above smells mixed in. Delish. (94 pts.)
  • 2007 Morlet Family Vineyards Chardonnay Coup de Coeur - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (9/23/2010)
    pale yellow. Nose of citrus, vanilla, mango. Taste was medium weight,smooth, very comely. Delish (94 pts.)
  • 2000 Château Cambon La Pelouse - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc (9/23/2010)
    Bordeaux garnet. Nose of coffee, anise, seasoned salt. Medium weight mouthfeel with seasoned salt, tobacco. Very good. (91 pts.)
DavidG

Re: TN: Some good wines

Post by DavidG »

I like those Peter Micheal Chards too, Harry. I had an '07 Belle Fille the other day. It was a little heavier on the oak than I was used to.