TN: 2009 Kruger-Rumpf Münsterer Rheinberg Riesling Kabinett (Germany, Nahe)

Harry C.

TN: 2009 Kruger-Rumpf Münsterer Rheinberg Riesling Kabinett (Germany, Nahe)

Post by Harry C. »

• 2009 Kruger-Rumpf Münsterer Rheinberg Riesling Kabinett - Germany, Nahe (10/16/2010)
    pale yellow. Nose was very floral, nutmeg, grapefruit. Taste initially was sweet, at least Spatlese level. In the mouth, Grapefruit, a hint of spritz that dissappated, nutmeg and an acid presence on the end. Interesting that the bottle was brown, yet the picture here (Cellartracker!) from another year is green. I guess the rumor that beer makers are snapping up all the green bottle makers may be true. (92 pts.)
Houndsong

Re: TN: 2009 Kruger-Rumpf Münsterer Rheinberg Riesling Kabinett (Germany, Nahe)

Post by Houndsong »

I've not heard the rumor.

It would be interesting. "Green bottle beer" was an exclamation I only heard once many years ago but the implication of quality was clear and immediate.

Funny thing is, my first and only homebrewing guide said use brown bottles. They filter out more damaging light. Not that my beer ever was exposed to light except just before it went into my mouth.
Claret

Post by Claret »

I think Nahe is usually bottled in brown glass.
Glenn
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

The rumor is that the brown bottles from certain areas and green from certain other areas is going bye-bye. The reason supposedly is the competition from the beer industry which apparently has grown immensely the past 10+ years in Germany. So certain areas cannot get the right color bottle. Check out Cellartracker! for the picture I speak of.