TN 2006 Domaine de Chevalier (rouge)

Houndsong

TN 2006 Domaine de Chevalier (rouge)

Post by Houndsong »

Had this on one night last weekend. This has got good substance and heft, and seems like it will reward at least five years' patience. But it's pretty muted now with the most noticeable feature being a flourish of creamy/dilly/low toast oak in the finish. It's dense and fine-grained though. Tough for me to compare it vintage-wise, it reminded me of some 2002s but they had a precocious, sappy acidity. Then maybe this did too a year or two ago on release. This is certainly more substantial than the only other 2006 I've had, the Ch. du Moulin Rouge, but they shared a muted quality, be it uninspired fruit or just a closed phase.
rjsussex

Re: TN 2006 Domaine de Chevalier (rouge)

Post by rjsussex »

Bought 2 cs of this at good early price and have to say i love it more than any other vintage of this property which is so dear to me - though i haven't yet tried my botts of the 05... But yes it needs time. Up there with the lovely Gruaud, at least - probably better.

Best
Richard
Houndsong

Re: TN 2006 Domaine de Chevalier (rouge)

Post by Houndsong »

Hopefully it will provide some compelling drinking out there some years.

I'm a pariah for feeling this way but I really liked the 2003 DdC. The two bottles I've had were sensational. I've got one to flaunt and taunt the naysayers with at some point. The 06 has the same density, so far as I can tell at this point.