Slightly hung over, but ready for night #2

Cabfan

Slightly hung over, but ready for night #2

Post by Cabfan »

Had fun at Ed's (brought along my daughter Julia) where there were a lot of things opened - Clos L'Oratoire, a 1990 L'Evangile, 1985 L'Eglise Clinet, a 1992 Ridge Montebello that was singing, a la Dominique, a few Barolos left over from the dinner the previous night, and lots of others but I was having too much fun to take notes. Then nine of us walked to Delfina around 9:30 and opened a 1996 Gosset Celebris to start things off and the vintages went by me too fast but there was a (pardon any misspellings, typing fast)Comte de Vogues, Coche Dury, a Batard Montrachet, many other bottles and a Bonnezeaux to finish things off. Outstanding food. Left Delfina after midnight, got back home after 1:00, staggered into bed and ready to do it again tonight.

Bringing a 1981 Taittinger Comtes de Champagnes, a 1985 Haut Brion, a 1982 Pichon Baron, 1970 Chappellet, and a 1974 Caymus. AND, two 1990 Cos d'Estournels for the '89 vs. '90 showdown. Yikes!

Peter
Nicklasss

Re: Slightly hung over, but ready for night #2

Post by Nicklasss »

Thanks Peter for the quick summary for last night. It is fun to read that, so shortly after the facts, but it hurts even more as I could not attend...

You're showing lot of genrosity for tonight. Again ,wish I could be there, as I'm born in 1974 and would have enjoy tasting that Caymus...

Say hello to Victoria (I'm missing speaking french with her, it has been soo long) and wish i will see you guys, sometimes in the coming years.

Regards,

Nic