TN: 2003 Domaine La Milliere CdP VV

stefan

TN: 2003 Domaine La Milliere CdP VV

Post by stefan »

Lucie and I drank this with leftover bison meat loaf and mashed potatoes to satisfy our BD's command to drink a CdP this month. The Domaine La Milliere is a basic CdP. It has too much acetone in the nose. It is pretty tasty, though, with sweet and sour cherries. The flavors are simple but discernible throughout the mouth. The wine has little holding power. stefan 85. Lucie 82-83.

I objected to the acetone less than Lucie, probably because my nose is stuffed up.
JimHow

Re: TN: 2003 Domaine La Milliere CdP VV

Post by JimHow »

Well done, stefan.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

On the lighter side for CdP I think. The one note I always find in it is a kind of medicinal-licorice flavor. I like the acetone. I call it shoe polish.
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Stefan,
I like Domaine La Milliere wines, including their CdRV. But I think they can be a little inconsistent and don't know what their aging potential is, maybe not that great. When you say 'holding power,' you mean finish? Or just interest?

Very inspiring note, all in all - I think I fulfilled my CdP mandate for the month with two bottles of 2004 Roquete, but you make me feel like I should drink another one.

-Chris
stefan

Post by stefan »

Chris, I meant that the tastes hold after swallowing. More specific than finish.

stefan
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I've tried a couple vintages and consider this good QPR CNDP-a little light as Stefan notes but quaffable so a Good rating . I think I paid under $20 for the 05.
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Thanks for the note Stefan. I never really liked this wine very much. I remember right after release it was okay - never great - but re-tasted it a few times afterwards it showed poor, disjointed with some off-flavores.