TN: two for dinner

Harry C.

TN: two for dinner

Post by Harry C. »

• 2006 Aubert Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/16/2011)
    Pale gold/yellow. Nose was more oaky than usual, vanilla and lemon juice. Taste was a bright acidity, lemon and grapefruit with a creaminess. I am still not convinced about 2006 Aubert. (90 pts.)
  • 2003 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (7/16/2011)
    Deep garnet. Nose was slightly stewed in impression, reminds one of Amarone, overripe. Taste was similar. I wonder if this was heat damaged versus a style I don't care for in this super hot vintage. Gotten from Premier Cru and kept in active temp control since. 85? (85 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
sdr

Re: TN: two for dinner

Post by sdr »

I used to like Aubert chards more than I do now. Maybe it was the cloudy green color than captivated me. Now I find them tasty, but too simple for the tariff.

Stuart
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

Stu-I don't find Aubert 'simple'. But give me examples of Chards up your alley. (New World please.)
Claret

Post by Claret »

2004 Montelena Chard last night was outstanding. Non malo, little oak and deep. A unique Napa Chard that ages well.
Glenn