TN 2000 Chateau Haut Marbuzet

mike reff

TN 2000 Chateau Haut Marbuzet

Post by mike reff »

I do not recall when I purchased this wine, but wanted to drink something after this weekend's hurricane. The wien was a tad tight at first but then jumped out a bit and was pleasant. About 30 minutes later though the tannins emerged and it seemed tartlike and tough. Not at all as easy as when I first opened it. Had two glasses and vacumn sealed the bottle for a continuation for tonight.
Houndsong

Re: TN 2000 Chateau Haut Marbuzet

Post by Houndsong »

Which is the more famous/notorious for being oaky and maybe in the vanguard of "modern" Bordeaux, Ch. Haut Marbuzet or Ch. de Marbuzet? I bid on a case of magnums of one of these Marbuzets (1995 or 1996) last spring but it went way over my already reasonable (i.e. not low-ball) bid and near or above the top of the estimate.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Hound, that would be Haut Marbuzet.

People criticize H.B. for being a "vin de pute" (whorish wine), but the fact is that it's a real crowd pleaser. Sees 100 new oak.
Is said to be a mid-term rather than a long term wine (ready 4-5 years after the vintage) with which I would mostly concur.

Bestr regards,
Alex R.
JonB

Post by JonB »

I ended up with 6 2005s, but have yet to crack one open. This is the one RP rated 85?, but other reviews were more respectable.....too much oak for RP?
mike reff

Post by mike reff »

well after night two, it started to offer no new impressions. This is a wine that you would want to drink up at least for this vintage. While not a stellar wine it was somewhat decent and I do not regret spending money on it.