The 2008 Cantenac Brown has been uncorked....

JimHow

The 2008 Cantenac Brown has been uncorked....

Post by JimHow »

Mmm! Very nice, pleasant, aromatic at the outset....
JimHow

Re: The 2008 Cantenac Brown has been uncorked....

Post by JimHow »

We'll see how this wine matches up with food, but I'm really enjoying its style so far. Very accessible and pleasant.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Bravo! Well done! A seamless purple beauty. Lovely nose. I don't know what is considered modern anymore, but I would not consider this modern. No rough edges, no rough tannins. I have no idea how long this would age, and I'm just a country lawyer from Maine, but I would guess this will drink well about 10-15 years following the vintage. I think The Man rates this 90. I might even go a little higher, maybe 91-92... It costs $50ish, which is maybe a tad high, but I think I'm going to buy another 3-4 bottles.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Nice to hear good things about an '08. The vintage seems to have people perplexed. Some have written some very good things about the vintage, others have been cautious.

Would you consider buying the '09, Jim? I see from Canadian futures pricing that it shouldn't be much more than the '08, and yet the '09 is supposed to be the best CB ever. Until 2010, of courses, which is bester yet :-) Interestingly, the futures pricing for the 2010 is about the same as the '09!, at least up here.