The 2008 Lynch-Bages has been uncorked....

JimHow

The 2008 Lynch-Bages has been uncorked....

Post by JimHow »

A long, hard week....
Time to pull out the good stuff....
Attachments
lynchbages.jpg
lynchbages.jpg (137.44 KiB) Viewed 384 times
JimHow

Re: The 2008 Lynch-Bages has been uncorked....

Post by JimHow »

I see Chris Christie is reconsidering running....
i know he's a radical fiscal conservative.
Where does he stand on social issues?
I was impressed by his outspoken support for that Muslim state court judge he nominated.
Where does he stand on abortion, gay rights, minority issues, etc.?
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Can't believe he'll actually run. He's been on tape too many times saying he doesn't consider himself ready to be president. I can see Mitt's and Rick's ads now if he decides to get in.

How's that wine? I read it's the 2010 LB that we should all be holding out for. Oh ya, there's that boycott thing. :twisted:
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

It seems like a solid, technically correct Lynch, Bacchus, but I can't say it is anything profound.
Don't get me wrong, it is 2002-like-- traditional, reserved-- and I mean that as a compliment....
Just not worth the $88 I paid for it.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Sorry to hear it's not a little more exciting, Jim, esp since it sounded like you needed something with a little more pick up in it. Is it, perhaps, just an age thing; the '08s are only 3! Interesting that you mention the '02s because I was over on the Wine Doctor's site, and he too compared the 08s with the 02's: "I thought they were quite akin to that other leaner vintage, 2002. But they were not wines to chase after, this was not a great vintage. The Bordelais were resigned to this fact, and hence started releasing the wines before Parker published his scores. If there was ever a warning sign that this was a difficult vintage, that was it. Whatever criticism you might levy at the Bordeaux proprietors for depending on Parker to set the prices, they know when they have something good on their hands. And they know when they don't." Comments like this make me want to seek out those good value 04s all the more. The 02s have long been gone from our government liquor stores; and when something's gone from the government, it's gone for good! There might be some 02 Cos kicking around, but that's it. If so, I'll try and snag a bottle; or two.