TN: 1998 Cornas sucked ... but Manning + ...ham kills Pats!

Ramon_NYC

TN: 1998 Cornas sucked ... but Manning + ...ham kills Pats!

Post by Ramon_NYC »

1998 Cuilleron Gaillard Villard 'Les Barcillants' Cornas
As cloying as Madonna, her OTT half-time show and her forced English accent. The palate were as stiff as Madonna's 50+-years creaking dance moves with plenty of oaky taste, some very ripe strawberries and cherries. Big, just as the halftime show was suppsoed to be, but the tart and woody finish felt like an overdone lip-synched song in a supposedly live performance. I don't care ... we win !!!
DavidG

Re: TN: 1998 Cornas sucked ... but Manning + ...ham kills Pats!

Post by DavidG »

Not a huge Madonna fan here either, and it doesn't sound like I'd be a fan of that Cornas either.

That was a great game. Feel sorry for Pats fans. But a great show by Manning and his receivers. I remember watching Manningham make multiple catches like that when he was at Michigan.
RDD

Post by RDD »

The catch on the 50 was perfet and game changing.
The most exciting Super Bowl ever!
Well except when the Jets beat the Colts. But that was more of a shocker.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Great SuperBowl. I really thought the wind has turned when the Pats took the lead 17-9. Boy I was wrong! Congratulations to the Giants.

But in my head, the real winner is Tom Brady: even if he did not won, who will take care of his aching parts and sorrow... Gisele Bundchen!

Nic
salilb

Post by salilb »

Oh crap, the "Vins de Vienne" modernist trio?

Gaillard used to make some nice wines once. Cuilleron occasionally gets something right, but good grief, the wines I've tasted from the trio are closer to CA Syrah than anything classical and Northern Rhone-ish.

Sympathies over the wine Ramon, but glad you enjoyed the game.

I'm sure we'll drink better Northern Rhones pretty soon...
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Nicklasss wrote:But in my head, the real winner is Tom Brady: even if he did not won, who will take care of his aching parts and sorrow... Gisele Bundchen!

Nic
Brady's so darn lucky to have Giselle by her side. From what I'm hearing, right after the game, Giselle had announced herself to be the coordinator/coach of the New England Patriots receivers next season.

salilb wrote:Oh crap, the "Vins de Vienne" modernist trio?

Gaillard used to make some nice wines once. Cuilleron occasionally gets something right, but good grief, the wines I've tasted from the trio are closer to CA Syrah than anything classical and Northern Rhone-ish.
That's right. I've had 2 other wines by this collective trio (a Cote Rotie and a Saint Joseph) and they all were singularly themed on big, oaky, non-traditonal wines abnd they both failed to impress me. I've had few good ones from Gaillard before and a good Condrieu from Cuilleron.