TN:2007 Les Cailloux - Centenaire / 2007 P.Usseglio's Cuvees

HarryKaris

TN:2007 Les Cailloux - Centenaire / 2007 P.Usseglio's Cuvees

Post by HarryKaris »

Last Monday I visited Andre Brunel in CdP.
He just bottled the 2008 Blanc, an outstanding wine with a solid pineapple, citrus, pear fruit core and amazingly well balanced acidity/freshness.
Already impressed with the development of the 2008 reds in general, the 2008 will be somewhere between the 2004 and 2006's.

The 2007 traditional les Cailloux is a very rich seductive wine, very typical for the 2007 vintage and comparable with many other CdP produced 2007s.
The 2007 Centenaire is a different cup of tea. Not as deep colored like many others in this vintage and not really in the typical bombastic 2007 style.
BUT this doesn't make this wine less interesting.Intensity and pure nature of this wine is awesome as well its balance and never ending finish. For me almost an atypical 2007 but without doubt one of the best........

Last Tuesday during a dinner at Christian Etienne in Avignon with several CdP winemakers I enjoyed the Pierre Usseglio 2007 wines.
The traditional is the best Thierry and Jean-Pierre ever produced. Not just rich and powerful but with a very good complexity.
The Mon Aïeul is very much open and less blockbuster style with balanced freshness and a refined and complex long finish. I think this wine has a lot of aging potential.
Now, the 2007 Deux Frères is a striking reflection of the vintage...with unbelievable richness and a bombastic complexity. Truly an extraterrestrial wine showing off a 5th dimension.........amazing stuff.

CdP-Harry
stefan

Re: TN:2007 Les Cailloux - Centenaire / 2007 P.Usseglio's Cuvees

Post by stefan »

Harry, when do you recommend drinking these '07s?

stefan
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Stefan, almost without exception all of these wines you can enjoy early....very ripe soft tannin AND OH SO seductive...
Same with the special cuvees (compared to other vintages like 2001-2005). Best buy you will find in the lower segment as stated before you almost cannot go wrong with CdP 2007!!
Although I have to admit that CdR is darned good as well but I personally think they must be drunk early (1-4 years).

Harry
stefan

Post by stefan »

Thanks, Harry.

stefan