TN: tasting notes

jmccready

TN: tasting notes

Post by jmccready »

• 1996 Château Blason D'Issan - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux (4/30/2012)
    Beautiful mature red/amber color. A somewhat delicate nose of dried black cherries and currants that evolves after a while with a pleasant perfumey nuance. Supple and wonderful finesse, a lighter
    syle that is worhty of its second label status. Younger vines I believe but I am not sure. I have noted that other vintages of Blason are balanced like this one. This 96 is ready. It does pick up
    a little weight while in glass giving more palate coating flavors so the lighter style moves a little. With the D''Issan at the top of its game, this second label will surely follow. Younger vintages worth trying. (89 pts.)
  • 2000 Château Gombaude-Guillot - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol (4/30/2012)
    Purple plum center with reddish brown rim-pretty. A simple nose of plums and dried black fruits changed a little but not much. This is a mouthfilling, textural style, not one of finesse. Any hint of sweet
    merlot fruit is dominated by a bitter/astringent compoment that never seems to fade. The soft tannins are well dispersed but they must carry some of this tartness. This is very close to the '99 I
    had six months ago. This chateau no doubt has its following but I would like to try a few newer vintages to see if the bitters I get are part of the wines's nature. I suspect they are. (85 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker