BWE '09- Segway tour Friday April 3rd?

gmarie

BWE '09- Segway tour Friday April 3rd?

Post by gmarie »

For those of you in town for the BWE '09 weekend I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going on a Segway tour of DC on Friday April 3rd? - There are 2 major companies that offer tours and they both hit the city highlights- White House, Capitol, Ford's theatre, etc. Here's the website if you would like to check it out and get more information. cost is about $70.00-
Looks like fun.
http://citysegwaytours.com/washington-d ... egway-tour
Gail
ps - Tom and I (or maybe just me, if Tom can't get up early on Sat. morning after Dino's dinner Friday night) are going to Eastern market Sat. morning- it's a fun place to see and buy all kinds of stuff (food, clothes, handbags, jewelry) let me know if you would like to come along. Easy to get there on metro.
dstgolf

Re: BWE '09- Segway tour Friday April 3rd?

Post by dstgolf »

Boy,if there are any takers I want pictures posted. BWE invades DC on Segways! Hungover after two days/nights of pushing it hard. I think maybe you're overly optimistic of the stamina of this twilight geriatric clan but I like the way you think. Looking forward to the outcome of this one!

Danny
Danny
gmarie

Post by gmarie »

Hi Danny,
I'm sorry you and your brother aren't coming to DC but the Caribbean cruise w/ your wife sounds great.
We'll see how the Segway tour turns out- my sources (hospital security people and DC police) tell me they are easier to ride than a bicycle.
Tom is willingly coming along so I'm hoping the 3 hour tour will be fun.
In reference to one of your previous posts:
An off line get together in Ottawa sounds absolutely wonderful. tom and I visited Ottawa in 80 or 81 - what a beautiful, clean city.
Gail
stefan

Post by stefan »

Thanks, Gail, but I am allergic to tours. I did look at the site, though, and noticed this frightening warning:

>>
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride.
>>

stefan
gmarie

Post by gmarie »

Hi Stefan,
I know what you mean about being allergic to tours. Riding a segway is one of those things on my - I tried that - check off list. I'll have to suffer through the tour.
Hopefully, our blood alcohol levels will be somewhat normal by Friday a.m - now if we were planning this for Sat. a.m. after the dinner at dino's - well, that would be a different story.
Looking forward to seeing you and Lucy
Gail
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I'm also intrigued by the prospect of riding a Segway, but as a "local" yet another tour of all the usual suspects has me waffling. Gail, how far in advance do you need reservations?

I just heard on the radio that they are expecting an early peak to the Cherry Blossom blooms - April 2-4. Perfect timing for BWE if you can believe it! Now if we could take those Segways to the Tidal Basin and nearby memorials, I'd be really enthusiastic. But I understand that Segways aren't allowed there.