Craziest thing I've seen today: 2009 BDX in stock at PC!

Blanquito

Craziest thing I've seen today: 2009 BDX in stock at PC!

Post by Blanquito »

I was on the Premier Cru website this morning, and to my lingering amazement while perusing the site I saw that I have 4 half-bottles of a very highly rated (WA 95, WS 95, Tanzer 95) Grand Puy Lacoste 2009 Bordeaux in stock! Yes, 2009 Bordeaux. Highly-rated. Half-bottles = unusual format. In stock. Sign of the Apocalypse. Wow.

Aren't some of you still waiting on 2005 Bordeaux futures from PC?

We've flamed this establishment for years on their slow deliveries, so I think it only fair to tout a speedy arrival as well. Given that it's a classified grand cru (not an early releasing petit chateau(, I wonder if this means the rest of PC's 2009 offerings will come in soon, maybe in time for shipping weather in the fall?
Chateau Vin

Re: Craziest thing I've seen today: 2009 BDX in stock at PC!

Post by Chateau Vin »

Well, it is misleading...It says 'Available', but it's under 'Pre-arrival' column. It is not under 'In stock'...Typical PC...
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

My screen say "ready to ship", while the "Item description" is where "pre-arrival" is including-- I think that's just part of its "name" in the PC system when you ordered it, not its delivery status...

Too bad it is too hot to ship right now, I'd like to give some 2009's a test-drive.
JonB

Post by JonB »

Blanquito - so are you saying you already ordered it, and under your account it shows "Ready to Ship"? That might be an entry error.....!!

Yes, still waiting for 2005s and they are evasive at giving me an answer on these, let alone a wrong answer or estimate.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I'll call to confirm. I ordered these as pre-arrival futures last year, and it says they're ready to ship. This feature of their website has never been wrong before, but you never know. I guess I can believe it as others are taking delivery of 2009 classified growths already (like Art's Gruaud from MacArthurs) and PC told me that the 2009s in general would come in early.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Jon, if you haven't spoken to James about your 2005 yet, he was the one who was helpful when I got tired of waiting on my 2005 futures. He might only be able to offer you your money back or store credit though (when I've gone this route, he's usually thrown in a 20% bonus or so).
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

PC should hook up with Latour. They're already in the vanguard of delivering wines at the ready-to-drink stage.
JonB

Post by JonB »

Thanks Blanquito. I talked with James, he provided an answer, was polite and offerred alternative resolutions. Since I've waited this long, I might as well wait another 6 months (or more :oops: ).