Wine store in DC

Nicklasss

Wine store in DC

Post by Nicklasss »

Which one would you recommend, for older wine (80'sand 90's)?

MacArthur, Schneider's, Calvet Woodley, others?

Thanks,

Nic
Jay Winton

Re: Wine store in DC

Post by Jay Winton »

probably macs as their provenance is better than Schneders, IMHO. But keep in mind both stores store a lot of their stock offsite and it may not be immediately available. Another store to check out is Wide World of Wines on Wisconsin Avenue-they have quite an inventory of older wines with decent storage. CW has mostly newer wines but they may have some older stuff as well-Ask for Pepi, a good guy and easy to deal with. Google "hot coupons "Calvert Woodley" and follow link to "Liquor". Buy any three bottles and get one free (cheapest) on non-sale wines NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE! Macs, CW, and Schneiders all have inventory on line.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I second Jay's suggestions. Excellent advice. I didn't know about the C-W deal, Jay, thanks!
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

I get those Calvert Woodley Coupons in the mail every other month included with all the other coupons from Money Mailer. I'll make some copies and bring them along if anyone wants one.

Also agree with Jay's advice on the wine stores. I work close to Schneiders so it's very convenient for me and I have pretty good luck with the condition of my purchases. As Jay said, a lot of their older stuff is not in the store so it may not be available immediately.

Chris Bublitz
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I've had too many bottles from Schneiders that were off to really trust their provenance a great deal and the main store gets pretty warm in the summer. Granted, they offer some excellent deals but tred carefully. It's somewhat out of the way for me so don't get down there too often.