On my way home, my heartfelt thanks to everyone.

JimHow

On my way home, my heartfelt thanks to everyone.

Post by JimHow »

It's a little after 7. We stayed up til 2 in my room this morning. I can't believe the weekend is over so fast. We had an epic amount of fun. For now I'll have to let others report on last night's festivities, as I have to hit the road. Suffice to say that it was another spectacular BWE weekend.

Special thanks to David, Stuart, and everyone who traveled to DC from far and wide to attend. We have a special thing going here, and it is not possible without the efforts of everyone. As long as I live I'll be humbled by and grateful for the spirit and generosity of this group. It is a real inspiration in this crazy world we live in.

We'll see you all again in Maine, or Chicago (site of BWE '10), or somewhere else in the world in the year ahead. Have a safe trip home!

Sincerely,
Jim
Rick

Re: On my way home, my heartfelt thanks to everyone.

Post by Rick »

Jim.........good speaking with you this morning - safe travels

Can not say enough about the great group at BWE 09 - the wines and stories are always so genuine

Your song was wonderful - thanks again

Kathy and I are in BWI awaiting our flight - wish we had an extra day to recover.

Believe it or not I am hosting 15 at a business dinner at the Capital Grille in Chicaho tonight

Rick
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Nice thoughts - great seeing everyone again. Safe travels to all - see you in Chicago next year!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Lucie and I had a great time, as usual.

Thanks, David, Stuart, Jay, Rick, and Jim for the special events.

It was great finally to meet Tessa and fun to see MichaelP and Nic from countries far and near. We've got to get together with our fellow Texans Howard and Lisa and Peggy & her honorary Texas husband Jay in the Lone Star State. Maybe some other BWEers would join us? Golf is good here, Tom & Gail, and Rick & Kathy have several reasons to come. Not if we could just interest a few others....

stefan
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Thanks everyone for the usual incredible BWE generosity. It was glad to see the gang and I've encouraged the palate queen to join on her own. Stefan, we will get over to Aggie country. Everyone travel safely and onto Maine and Chicago!
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Paula and I are safely back home in Chicago. We left DC early this afternoon in bright warm sunshine and I am now looking out the window watching snow fall!

What a great gathering last night. Thanks to those who did the planning and organizing. And thanks to everyone who brought the wines. The wines at dinner last night were fabulous. Our members are indeed generous.

It was great to see familiar faces again, and some faces for the first time. Paula really enjoyed the wonderful company and great wines. And she says a special thanks to Jay for the 88/89 La Lagunes - her favorites of the evening. I did not take any notes last night, but I will try to summarize in another post what I can recall drinking over the course of the evening.

Thanks again to all who helped to plan and organize.

Jon
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

John, I really enjoyed the long walk with you, Paula and the other BWEers.

And me too I<ll be back in snow, but only tomorrow... today was a superb day in DC, my nose is res like the maple leaf on the Canadian flag...

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm back in cold Maine.
Looks like the Sox will be rained out tomorrow. :(
Attachments
Tom working his magic on the Martin D16 with Gail looking on.
Tom working his magic on the Martin D16 with Gail looking on.
Tom-Gail.jpg (4.58 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Blanquito and Mr. Vino
Blanquito and Mr. Vino
Patrick-Jay.jpg (3.82 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Let me add out thanks to everyone who made our convention such a blast; specifically, everyone who came! Special thanks to Jim for the bright idea and hosting the multi-day BWE Wine of the Year smorgasbord, as well as sdr, Rick, Mr. Vino, and DavidG who organized magnificent dinners for us all!

We had a great time seeing old and new friends, and look forward to the next time we lift our glasses with BWE'ers near or far!

Tom And Gail
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Indeed, Tom, the success of these events requires people showing up. Taking time out of their busy schedules, money out of their bank accounts during this challenging economy, etc. Thank you to everyone!
aimeedogdogdog

Post by aimeedogdogdog »

Thank you for the wonderful '09 convention! We had fun and we loved it! Use Tessa's favorite word -- "More!"
Thank you all for entertaining Tessa as well! It's like Christmas in April for her, parties and all the presents.
I love a convention in DC more and more. Let's have more in the future (obviously you organizers did a great job there. Bravo! And thank you again!)

Chris, Werner and Tessa