TN: à 2011 Givry 1er Cru

Nicklasss

TN: à 2011 Givry 1er Cru

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight, back from the hospital with Béatrice and Marie-Claude, we planned an easy dinner while Simone and Julien are still at the grantparents place for one more night. After à c-section, Marie-Claude is not in shape for wine, so I'll wait next weekend to open a Bordeaux with her. So with a simple steak on the outside grill, I opened à bottle of the 2011 Didier Erker Givry 1er Crus Les Bois Chevaux. from a so so vintage, the wine is nice, but nothing special for Bourgogne. color is medium red, quite dark for pinot. Nose is fill with nice red berries, ripe strawberries, light cinnamon and spices,medium power aromas. In mouth, nice attack on light acidic red berries, something weedy, light red cranberries, very light tannins, add à flavor of currant jam candy on the final. Light oak too on the final, that is quite long, even without tannic structure. TN: 86. So well done for the Côte Chalonnaise, on that vintage.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: TN: à 2011 Givry 1er Cru

Post by Nicklasss »

Third and last glass for tonight is the best. Texture in mouth has become more velvety and slightly more intense. Still not very structured but smooth and creamy fruit, oaky vanilla has appeared in the flavors. Well maybe I would add a point or two.

We'll see in the next days how the leftover will evolve...

Nic
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

I have probably consumed more wines form this village that any other in Burgundy. Good notes on an average vintage at best, but
they do grow on you after being in the glass a while. The price can be good on Givrys,but too much oak can really ruin the nice
fruit that is a trademark here. From a great year they are an excellent buy depending on producer, Nice read. JM
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

A simple steak "on the outside grill." Really?! You can grill outside in Quebec? in February?!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Bacchus, Normal people don't. But the day you'll meet me, you'll understand that it is not the Québec (or any other) winter that can stop me from cooking on the bbq grill...

Nic
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I'm with you, Nic: Snow, rain, freezing temps can't stop me from grilling when the urge hits.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Ya, I could BBQ in Quebec during winter too, but only after a bottle of caribou! :-)
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

The Givry was less interesting tonight, becoming lighter and more acidic tonight.

Very good last night, the best way to have it is to open the bottle 60 minutes ahead, and enjoy.

Nic