Retailer check: Circle Liquors, Somers Point, NJ

JonB

Retailer check: Circle Liquors, Somers Point, NJ

Post by JonB »

Anybody know of this retailer and their reliability? Did anything happen to their wines during "Sandy"? Any recommendations?

It seems like the last time they carried something I was looking for it was right after Sandy, and their web address was non-responsive, so I didn't carry it any further. It looks like they are right near the shoreline from mapquest. But I was looking at some relatively current release wines, so perhaps does not matter as much as their reliability.
JonB

Re: Retailer check: Circle Liquors, Somers Point, NJ

Post by JonB »

Seems like nobody has purchased here. I called, they were responsive and friendly, said they had water on the floor of the store and lost power for 2 days in Sandy, but also that the wine I was interested in was a more recent arrival. Of course, who knows about the distributor! So I'll give them a try and report back if problems. 2008 Elio Grasso Ginestra Casa Mate Barolo is a great wine.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes report back I was thinking about ordering from them a while back
Actually I think I posted a question here about them and got a response, although I may be imagining that
tim

Post by tim »

Circle Liquor is about a mile from where I grew up and where my family still lives. It is an institution in the area, as it is on the mainland from Ocean City, NJ, which is a dry city. I still remember getting pretzels there as an 8 year old, as they would give them to kids as their parents shopped.

Generally speaking, I cannot see how Sandy would have had much of a negative effect on any of the wines. Their prices are decent but not spectacular, although I've never bought any futures or anything from them. Whenever I see family, a visit to Circle Liquor is always in order.