TN: 2011 Langhe Dolcetto Clerico

Nicklasss

TN: 2011 Langhe Dolcetto Clerico

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, with thin crust pizzas, I opened à bottle of the 2011 Langhe Dolcetto from Dominico Clerico. in the past vintages, I liked that wine be cause it was showing good concentration for such a wine. The 2011 is light style, compared what I had before. Still have a decent dark red color, but light aromas of prunes, and mostly cherries. In mouth, also light, with nice cherries and dark berries attack, but after has some prunes and light acidity, with unexisting, tannins. A nice quaffer, but nothing more. TN: 81.

Previous vintage were more concentrated, with nice tones of ashes, black licorice and rasberries. And nice soft tannins.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: TN: 2011 Langhe Dolcetto Clerico

Post by Nicklasss »

I should have know. Four days after, this wine was way better. More black and blue berries, thicker in mouth, more tannins. Clerico is making very concentrated wine, that just seemed very closed right after opening. Way better last night. Improved TN of 85.

This is a lesson: when you taste a wine once, after opening, misjudgment is easy.

Nic
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Re: TN: 2011 Langhe Dolcetto Clerico

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I would like to drink more Dolcetto. I think I've had just one but I liked the dryness, firmness and acidity. I think mine was from a fairly modern-styled producer based on reading about it afterwards, which may have accounted for the fact that the wine, while dry, did not lack for impact/concentration.

Thanks for posting this one. I'm going to look for a bottle of Dolcetto locally.