TN: Tour St. Bonnet 2010

Chasse-Spleen

TN: Tour St. Bonnet 2010

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Tour St. Bonnet 2010

Nose a bit shy at first with asphalt, vanilla and earth. Soon cherry flavors develop on the nose, and it eventually opens up without 'leaping from the glass.' More cherries on the palate, plus the minerals and vanilla. Rich, round and 'medium bodied,' at least by today's standards. In a nice change of pace, the palate is more developed than the nose, with a long, complex and earthy finish. Fine tannins lurk around the sides of the mouth and on the finish. Pretty open for business with a velvety texture and very good acidity. A very satisfying wine, showing why many are fans of this estate. Reminded me of the 2003, which I bought a case of, because you could actually recognize the chateau style, unlike so many other modernized/homogenized Bordeaux that I've been trying where you have no idea what to expect. A bit of a 'medicinal' note, not at all unpleasant, that I got from the 2003, is there as well. But in this vintage, the wine is so complex that it fits in perfectly with the overall picture without making you think, 'hmmm - what's that?' Very true to the 'red fruits, good acidity' profile that the 2010s are known for. I think any fan of this estate would be very happy to grab some of this at the right price. A terrific budget Bordeaux. Incredibly good wine in the under $20 category. As Janis Joplin said, 'get it while you can.'

-Chasse
OrlandoRobert

Re: TN: Tour St. Bonnet 2010

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Thanks for the recommendation. My local guy has it for $15.99. I will grab a few. Was not thrilled with the '05, decent but not worthy of the praise by Uncle Bob. My local guy is raving about this value wine, too.
Chasse-Spleen

Re: TN: Tour St. Bonnet 2010

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

That's interesting about the '05. One of my colleagues said he loved it and drank several cases worth. Never tried it myself. Your local's price is excellent. We charge $17.50 at Garnet. Wish I had tried the '09.