TN: 3 wonderful wines including 1989 Clos des Jacobins

Harry C.

TN: 3 wonderful wines including 1989 Clos des Jacobins

Post by Harry C. »

• 2010 Peter Michael Chardonnay Point Rouge - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (3/2/2014)
    Pale yellow. Nose of the whole fruit and flower basket. Just incredible perfume. Taste was amazingly smooth, rich, mellow, pear, melon, orange. I feel that the Cuvee Indigene is the top of the PM style; the Point Rouge is a Cuvee I mated with Chanel! Best white tasted this year by far. (97 pts.)
  • 1989 Clos des Jacobins - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (3/2/2014)
    Garnet, slightest bricking at edge. Nose of black fruits, hint of cherries, tobacco, hint of leather. Taste was leather, licorice,mellow hint of tannins. I was not expecting that much, but what I got was quite a pleasant surprise! Ready to drink now. (93 pts.)
  • 2001 Bond Matriarch - USA, California, Napa Valley (3/2/2014)
    Black garnet. Nose had a touch VA that is a negative for me, but it quieted down with time. Nose otherwise was anise, mocha and black fruits. Taste was youngish still, black fruits and a slight acid kick. (92 pts.)
Tom In DC

Re: TN: 3 wonderful wines including 1989 Clos des Jacobins

Post by Tom In DC »

Clos des Jacobins was still a Cordier wine in'89, right? So a good wine shouldn't come as a surprise to a BWE'er.

Thanks for the notes, Harry
Michael Malinoski

Post by Michael Malinoski »

Thanks for the note on the 2010 Point Rouge, my sole experience was the 2008, which was tremendous. A real elegant Peter Michael Chard.

By the way, I'm drinking the 2003 Peter Michael La Carriere right now, with a Whoopie Pie of all things.... :)

-Michael
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Very well done indeed Michael.
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

Yes, Jim a Cordier property. No funk to be found. I paid $28!