Letter to Alfred Tesseron and Jean Gautreau

JimHow

Letter to Alfred Tesseron and Jean Gautreau

Post by JimHow »

The following is a draft of a letter that I am planning on emailing, faxing, and mailing to Sociando-Mallet and Pontet-Canet tomorrow.
Alex, do you have the email, fax, and mailing address information for these properties?
If anyone has any suggested changes please let me know by Monday morning, after which I will send out the letter. Thanks.

*********************************************************************************************

Mr. Alfred Tesseron
Chateau Pontet-Canet

Mr. Jean Gautreau
Chateau Sociando-Mallet

Dear Mssrs. Tesseron and Gautreau:

I am the manager of an internet website known as “Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts.” We have been in existence since 2000, and have members from around the world. We are located at www.bordeauxwineenthusiasts.com.

About twenty members from our group dined with Alfred a couple years ago in New York, during which we uncorked a vertical of eleven vintages of Chateau Pontet-Canet from 1994-2004. It was a memorable night.

Chateau Sociando-Mallet and Chateau Pontet-Canet are two of the favorite estates of Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts. Our group has been discussing the idea of a dinner matching up various vintages of each chateau against the other. The dinner will be held again in New York City this summer.

The purpose of this letter is to inquire whether either or both of you might be finding yourselves in New York City this summer. If so, we would be honored to have you join us for the event.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or require additional information. I hope you can join us this summer for a dinner featuring your wines!

Very truly yours,

Jim Howaniec
Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts
AlexR

Re: Letter to Alfred Tesseron and Jean Gautreau

Post by AlexR »

Hi Jim,

Château Sociando Mallet
33180 Saint-Seurin-de Cadourne
e-mail: scea-jean-gautreau@wanadoo.fr
Fax: 011-33-556-733-888

Château Pontet Canet
33250 Pauillac
e-mail: info@pontet-canet.com
Fax: 011-33-556-592-663

A couple of thoughts:

- August tends to be sacred in France (summer vacation with the family). I suggest you enlarge the time frame (let them know that you would be willing to work the date around their avaiability) give them more lead time
- Jean Gautreau's daughter, Sylvie, is taking over from her Dad. I would include her in any letter.

All the best,
Alex
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks, Alex, I'll incorporate your suggestions. Jim
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

"...during which we uncorked a vertical of eleven vintages of Chateau Pontet-Canet from 1994-2004"

Jim,

I may be just being overly fussy here, but I believe we went back as far as 1988 vintage during the Pontet-Canet tasting. Perhaps, others can verify.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

You may be right on that, Ramon, the vintages listed above are what Timmy McCracken donated.
tim

Post by tim »

Have you guys discussed when such a dinner would be? I haven't been keeping up with the board lately and would still relish an opportunity to fly over to NYC.

Cheers,

Tim
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind email to M. Alfred Tesseron.

As you may know, he travels a lot and needs to plan his trips several months ahead.

Unfortunately, Alfred will not be able to be in NYC this summer.

We thank you again for your kind proposition,

Best regards,

Claire Nadaud

Tél: + 33 5 56 59 04 04

Fax:+ 33 5 56 59 26 63

E-Mail: cnadaud@pontet-canet.com

Web: www.pontet-canet.com