A German, a rosé, a Zinfandel

Nicklasss

A German, a rosé, a Zinfandel

Post by Nicklasss »

This weekend, I invited my parents and inlaws for dinner. Since Simone is born, they never refused any dinner invitation. We had pork chops won the bbq grill with green pepper salsa. A really good recipe.

The wines were :

2007 Markus Molitor Kabinett : Light sugar and fruit. Balanced and refined. Low alchol (7.5%). Maybe missing a bit of acidity but a nice apperitive. TN : 84.

2008 Rosé de Malartic : Again, that Rosé from the Graves Cru Classé was really good. Dark pink color. Nose of light red beirries, rasberries, strawberries and some weeds. In mouth, good concentration and more than the little rosé we're used to. Serious. TN : 89.

2006 Ravenswood Zinfandel Dry Creek Teldeshi Vineyard : I had that in the past, from another vintage, and was not impressed. This vintage made a better impression. Dark red color, with a concentrated nose of rasberries, ripe cranberries, spices, some oak, vanilla and licorice. in mouth, this have a nice concentration of fruit, a deep dense mid-palate, lots of Zin berries, a warm finish (15,5% alcohol). Medium soft tannins. Yummy even if it has no real elegance. TN : 91.

Nic