TN: 2004 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille

DavidG

TN: 2004 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille

Post by DavidG »

• 2004 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (7/12/2009)
    Pale gold color. Citrus, pineapple, and floral nose with a bit of banana and hints of minerals. Ripe, rich fruit, full body, some oak well-covered by the fruit, nice balance, the minerality present on the nose doesn't carry through to the palate, nice long finish, excellent-outstanding.
Posted from CellarTracker
Harry C.

Re: TN: 2004 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille

Post by Harry C. »

David, Have you been raiding my cellar? I swear I have drunk the same wines as you for the past 4-6 months. What are you drinking tomorrow??
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Don't know yet, Harry, it depends on dinner and the weather. But I'm wearing a blue blazer and tan slacks to work tomorrow. Should we co-ordinate?

So how are they showing for you? I pulled this one to help me decide how many of the '07 PM chards to buy. Pricey stuff, but I'm still in for a few bottles. Allocations seem to keep going up even though I've been buying less, not more. The economy can't be good for $75+ chards.
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

David, I have always felt the higher end Chards do better with 4-6 years of age. Gives them time to mellow that oak treatment. A recent 2005 PM Belle Cote showed wonderfully. I would buy a fair amount of the 2007s, and have, but not touch them for a few years. Also, I like them red wine serving temperature.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Agree about a few years helping to integrate the oak. I'm just finishing up my '04s and will start in on my '05s next. The rest of last night's bottle is still going strong. I actually like the Chards and the Pinot Noir better than the Les Pavots, though they will also hit the sweet spot now and then.