BWE Maine Lodging

Daytonnc

BWE Maine Lodging

Post by Daytonnc »

I contacted Smugglers Cove to find out if we could get a group discount and if they had availability for around 10 rooms in September. Here is the response I got:

[We would be happy to reserve around 10 rooms for you from Sept. 11-Sept 13. There is a 5% group rate discount for 8 rooms or more booked. In addition, we are running a fall special: Stay 3 or more nights and get the last night at half price. As of today our availability is as follows:

Anchor building at: $125-$169 a night (12 available rooms to choose from) All rooms have a full ocean view.

Dory building at: $79-$99 a night (10 rooms available) All but 2 rooms have a full ocean view.

Lantern building: $155-$175 a night (12 rooms to choose from) Built over the ocean, all rooms have a fabulous view.

Our Loft building has 8 rooms open for $109-$119 a night. All but 2 rooms have a full ocean view.

Those prices do not include a 5% discount

A continental breakfast is included for all guests in the morning.

So it looks ike they can accomodate us. I am hoping to get an approximate of how many can come (Rick you have to cancel your seminar) so I can go ahead and lock in some rooms. Please let me know, either here or you can email me at sdayton at cozen dot com.

Susan

Please let us know how we can further assist you!

Thanks, Nicole
Daytonnc

Re: BWE Maine Lodging

Post by Daytonnc »

So far I have 3 confirmed rooms. I would like to get everyone planning to attend to confirm so I can lock in at least 8 rooms for the discount.

Thanks!

Susan
Daytonnc

Post by Daytonnc »

I'm upping this again - please let me know - I've heard from only two other couples. I need to try and lock in the rooms.

Thanks.

Susan
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Susan,

As of today we'll be there for one room. I don't want a comittment that can't be changed however, if something should come up to prevent travel that we would be locked into this room. The savings aren't that great for two nights to be forced to prepay or commit.

Danny & Danielle
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Susan: I've been swamped this week and a little under the weather, and I'll be out of town today. I'll post some stuff on this this weekend. Jim
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

We're booked at Smugglers!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Woo hoo!
Been sick all week, just need to get through a full day with court/clients tomorrow, I'll be able to direct some attention to this on Friday.
Jim
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

THURSDAY NIGHT (SEPTEMBER 10TH) BASH AT JIM HOW RESIDENCE

As I have mentioned previously, I have three extra rooms for guests, if anyone wants to stay at the How Estate. Two with queen-sized beds, and one with a pull-out couch.

Thursday night is the "Raid the Jim How Cellar" night, we'll have dinner into the wee hours at my house. We can also do brunch out on my back deck the next morning before we head off to Boothbay Harbor on Friday, if anyone is interested.

I've been communicating with Mr. Vino this afternoon.
There is a Motel 6 about a mile and a half from my house for $40 per night. It's nothing fancy, but it is clean and recently renovated. It is cheap, very accessible to my house, and is on the road that leads to Boothbay Harbor.
We'll arrange for transportation to and from the motel to my house.

If you want something a little more fancy, there is a Hilton Garden Inn ($169) and Marriott in Auburn, about 6 miles from my house.
Since you'll probably be spending most of your evening on Thursday at my house, I recommend the Motel 6. We stay at Motel 6 whenever we drive cross country, they are always clean, easy to check in, etc., etc. And this one is very close to my house.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

mr vino sees no reason to spend a $100+ more than Motel6 for a room where he will basically sleep (recover) for 8 hours. Besides it's closer to the wine cellar of our benevolent, generous, all sharing of his wine cellar dictator. Motel6 for the vinos!