TN 2003 Moulin St. Georges

Houndsong

TN 2003 Moulin St. Georges

Post by Houndsong »

The third bottle from a case. Nice warm, slightly sweet bouquet, brushy, and if you said sandalwood and indian spices I'd nod yes. Expansive palate, very easy-going and soft in the middle before some modest tannin and acidity finish it off. Very enjoyable, and if it ever stops raining here in Colorado-on-Thames we'll see how it pairs with grass-fed T-bones.
dstgolf

Re: TN 2003 Moulin St. Georges

Post by dstgolf »

Sounds like a nice bottle.Pretty much a dependable affordable wine since about 1998.

Talk about rain we've had 6 days out of 30 that haven't rained and hopefully going to clear next week. No way could I live on the west coast this is too depressing. Maybe I could make an exception this year since Vancouver is having the driest,hottest summer in decades I'm told!!!

Danny
Danny
Houndsong

Re: TN 2003 Moulin St. Georges

Post by Houndsong »

Some charry oak notes came through after a while, but stopped short of whiskey barrel. Maybe the grilling brought them out. This wine has a bit of everything. Rain in Colorado is a good thing. We've been falling short of our 15-16 inch norm the few years I've been here. This year we're slighly above average. I think it's the el nino.