3 Bourgognes and a Bordeaux

Nicklasss

3 Bourgognes and a Bordeaux

Post by Nicklasss »

Few wines opened this last weekend.

2007 Chablis from Domaine Séguinot-Bordet : The Chardonnay can be a real chameleon. With that wine, you have an example. Cold, the wine has a crisp acidity and bitterness finish. Shy nose, but full of mineral, weed and lemon flavours in mouth. When it warmed up, it became a glorious nose with light peaches, flowers and lime. The mouth became fatter, rounder, less acidic. medium concentration, with acidic pears, minerals, with still some lemon. A good Chablis and an interesting wine. TN : 88.

2005 Pommard 1er Cru Clos Blanc from Albert Grivault : Grivault is one of my favorite Meursault producer. He produces not that much bottles, so rarely available here, but when it is, I always buy few bottles. His Meursault village, Perrières and Clos des Perrières are amazing wines. The two 1er Crus are near Grand Cru in quality. This was my first red from him. It was a nice elegant Bourgogne. Unquestionably Côte-de-Beaune style. Nice light red color, nose of cherries kirsch, herbs, redberries, flowers. Balanced in mouth, with nice freshness, this is built with elegance in mind. Flavorful but never as concentrated as a Côte-de-Nuit. Anyhow, this is my definition of Bourgogne. Not a lot of earthy terroir stuff, but it is young and will probably show more complexity in 5 years. Full of red cherries flavours, ripe cranberries, light lilac flowers and just a touch of oak. Really good but not glorious. TN : 89+.

2005 Givry 1er Cru Clos Salomon from Gardin-Perroto : Less complex than the Pommard, but maybe a bit more concentration and ripeness. Well made Pinot. Nice red fruits nose, including rasberries, ripe strawberries, a touch of furs and vanilla. In mouth, riper and more rustic than the Pommard, but really good for the price, flavours of rasberries, black cherries, vanillin and oak. Acidity is low. Both red Bourgognes had really soft tannins. TN : 88.

2006 Chateau les Ricards Premières Côtes de Blaye : One Bordeaux opened this weekend. Based on that wine, 2006 was really good for Merlot. The wine is very ripe. Dark red color. Nose of jammy red fruits, rasberries, plums, chocolate, vanilla and soft tobacco. In mouth, again this is ripe with low acidity. Good mixture of ripe red berries, plums, oak, toffay, with a strong plummy brown sugar finish. Modern in style, but still recognizable as Bordeaux. Good for the price. TN : 88.

Nic
AlexR

Re: 3 Bourgognes and a Bordeaux

Post by AlexR »

Hi Nic,

Good to see you're dinking well, and that a moderately-priced Bordeaux held its own in the company of more expensive wines.

All the best,
Alex