2015 Lanessan

William P

2015 Lanessan

Post by William P »

I thought I give this a try as it is relatively inexpensive (around $20.00) and it's from the 2015 so-called super vintage. My impression is, I like it. It's a medium ++ body, round tannins and acidity of the lower side of the scale. Nose of forest floor, subdue spice, and blackberry puree. On the palate it fairly straightforward. It's 58% cab, 38% Merlot, 7%, CF and 7% PV. It has a decent finish but not incredible. I suspect is will age well for maybe 10 years. Frankly, I did not taste or smell oak which is a plus in my book.

If there is a complaint, I would have to say it is made in the "international" style. While well made, there was little clue that would have told me it's a Bordeaux. Still, it is well made and pleasant to drink. if this wine were made in Napa, you are looking at maybe $45-50 dollars a bottle.

As an aside, on Cellartracker there are some reports of the wine being thin and acidic. That is not how I would describe my bottle. Nice daily drinker.

Bill
stefan

Re: 2015 Lanessan

Post by stefan »

a $20 Bdx that might be mistaken for a $45 Napa Cab sounds good to me. No doubt Lanessan 2015 will show its roots in another 10 years or so. Lanessan is notorious for taking a long time to develop.
Racer Chris

Re: 2015 Lanessan

Post by Racer Chris »

I haven't tried it yet but I've got 3 bottles of the '15 in my cellar and plan on buying another 3 from my LWS.
I also have 3 of the 2014, having already consumed one I plan on buying more of that too. The local Total Wine has it on the shelf as of last week, for $18.