My recent visit to Bordeaux...

greatbxfreak

My recent visit to Bordeaux...

Post by greatbxfreak »

For those who are patient and want to have a look in every corner of Bordeaux vineyards - check out this https://www.greatbordeauxwines.com/harv ... rvest-2018

It's very concentrated article, full of pictures, facts and TNs.
BordeauxNut

Re: My recent visit to Bordeaux...

Post by BordeauxNut »

Nice read. Thanks for sharing.

Any thoughts on Pichon Lalande 16 vs 15 vs 14?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Great review and thanks for taking the time. With Tim's little gathering at the end of Sept it gave us the opportunity to tour St Emillion and Pomerol with a walk down memory lane lunching at La Dominique watching the harvest going on around us high above the fields at La Terrasse Rouge looking over at Cheval Blanc and La Conseillante/lEvangelile in the distance. Drove by Corbin on way out from lunch and looped through Pomerol. Only visit was to Tour Saint Christophe and greated warmly echoing their excitement for the 2018 vintage but everyone is happy with the roll that Bordeaux has been on since 2014. We also had the pleasure of spending some time in San Sebastien/Biarritz on this trip and both places were fabulous. I'd recommend a detour down through Rioja as our stays in Logrono and Haro with tours/tastings especially in Haro also showed how they've been on a roll as well. Value for dollar can't be beat at the moment in Spain.

Thanks again for a walk through Bordeaux...always fun.
Danny
greatbxfreak

Post by greatbxfreak »

BordeauxNut,

My favorite is 2016 but 2014 is so cool wine with great acidity. You can check my profile of P. Comtesse.

Danny alias dstgolf,

I'm glad you like my article. I'd have seen more of Biarritz, but a big rain did stop it. Next year I plan to do BIarritz, San Sebastian and St.Jean de Luz in one week, maybe it will be in the autumn.