BWE Maine: Saturday night

JimHow

BWE Maine: Saturday night

Post by JimHow »

As Mike Malinoski says, we must drink some fine Bordeaux on Saturday night.
One problem we have is that Maine has Puritanical Prohibition-era laws against corkage.
I've been trying to think about ways we can do this.
One thought came to mind:
There is a hotel on the water in Boothbay Harbor-- not far from Smuggler's Cove-- that has one-bedroom cottages with open floor plans, basically a little living room area and kitchen.
I stayed in one of these cottages probably ten years ago. They are about the cost of a regular hotel room, probably in the $150-200 range.
And, most importantly, my recollection is that they have cooking facilities... stove, etc. Maybe even a grill.
My memories are vague about the place, I don't even remember the name of it, but I'm sure I can easily find it out.
It seems to me this would give us the privacy we need to cook our own meals, drink our own wines, etc.!
I'm pretty sure everything I've said above, including the cooking facilities, is accurate.
If so, we should seriously consider looking into this option for Saturday night.
dstgolf

Re: BWE Maine: Saturday night

Post by dstgolf »

Jim,

We've looked at cottage rentals for these kind of things before. I know that some people are booked but google cottage rentals and you may be able to get a 5+ bedroom cottage on the water to act as central entertainment. Even if it costs a few thousand for a week maybe you can get it for the weekend or take it for the week split 4-5 ways isn't so bad either.

Check out this one http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p100258

Danny
Danny
JimHow

Re: BWE Maine: Saturday night

Post by JimHow »

Thanks Danny. The place I was referring to is the Spruce Point Inn.

www.sprucepointinn.com

On their website click "virtual tour" and then "cottages". They have a good panoramic view of the inside of a cottage.

The rates are about $235 per night, seems to me this might be a possibility for a Saturday night Bordeaux dinner.