Thanks to Krista and Patrick for a Great Weekend in Denver!

Tom In DC

Thanks to Krista and Patrick for a Great Weekend in Denver!

Post by Tom In DC »

It was great to see all of the BWE stalwarts gathered in our new hometown. From Thursday and Friday dinners through the Saturday lunch (crazy indeed!) and dinner extravaganza to late night bowling and breakfast Sunday morning, hanging with the BWE'ers is the best!

Special thanks to my partners in crime (or at least arranging for potential crimes): Krista for putting together and running Saturday night and Patrick for Thursday and Friday night's logistics. They both put in way more work on this than I did and I thought the weekend reflected well on their efforts.

Gail and I already can't wait to see everyone again soon!

Cheers,
Tom
Blanquito

Re: Thanks to Krista and Patrick for a Great Weekend in Denver!

Post by Blanquito »

Let me whole heartedly second Tom’s sentiments, and say a few special thanks...

Firstly and foremost, thanks Tom for all your help, patience, leadership, calm, humor and generosity. There’s no one I’d rather plan an event with than you.

A big thanks to Krista as well, she really stepped up and clearly has the organizational skills of 4 star general.

Ian gets a big shout-out for flying so far and offering such outstanding bonhomie. He was a delightful guest and was too cold to complain much when he discovered too late that I keep my entire house at cellar temperature! It says a lot when you have to return to England to regain feeling in your extremities.

To all of my local wine buddies, thanks so much for joining in. You now know that I wasn’t making it all up! BWE Conventions are truly epic affairs.

And of course, thanks to our dear leader, JimHow, who kept a steady hand on the the wheel for 3 days, leading us through the Convention with grace and charm, organizing the post-dinner gatherings, making sure we always had enough champagne, and most of all for bringing us and keeping us all together for so long. He really did an especially outstanding job making all of the local Colorado wine crew feel very welcome and appreciated.

It was an honor and a pleasure to help host you all in Denver. Thanks to everyone for your good cheer, incredible generosity, taking the time and expense to make the journey, and most of all, for the years of friendship.
AKR

Re: Thanks to Krista and Patrick for a Great Weekend in Denver!

Post by AKR »

"I have rated the BWE Denver convention 100 pts, conservatively. Also, if anyone found my purple cravat, please shout out" - James