TN: 1998 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Vall

DavidG

TN: 1998 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Vall

Post by DavidG »

• 1998 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley (9/22/2009)
    Purple core, still dark red at rim. Cassis, flowers/spices and licorice on the nose with a bit of earthy complexity. Dark berries and cassis on the palate, medium body, fine tannins, nice balance, long finish, excellent wine and an overperformer for the vintage. Great match with grilled ribeyes.
Posted from CellarTracker
Claret

Re: TN: 1998 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Vall

Post by Claret »

I have had 1993 and possibly 1995 Araujo and they were both excellent.

Some of those 1998's will pleasantly suprise you. Maybe they just needed some age to shine. I had good results from Montelena and Lewelling over the last couple of years.

Glenn
Glenn
jal

Re: TN: 1998 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Vall

Post by jal »

I love this wine and have another bottle to drink at some point. Thanks for the note.
Best

Jacques
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Araujos usually need a lot of time to show well. The '93 was the first I had and it was a real eye-opener - prompted me to get on the list. The '95 was my favorite - still have one bottle left. Used to be on the list but dropped off a few years back when I went through a mailing list purge.
dstgolf

Re: TN: 1998 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard (U

Post by dstgolf »

Great wine David. We've enjoyed a few from our Florida stash. The 97 and 94 were great. Nice to see the 98 drinking well. I must say the 98's that I've had have been good as well however limited to a few like Montelena,Dominus and Caymus.

Danny
Danny