Short TN

Nicklasss

Short TN

Post by Nicklasss »

Some bottles of wine opened lately.

2007 Clos d'Albizzi : White wine from AOC Cassis, an AOC with don't see often here. medium yellow color. Nice aromas of white flesh fruits (pears, yellow apples) and lots of flowers (lavander, thrush, acacia). In mouth, typical from the South of France, round, fat, flavours of honey, flowers, lavander, with a fat finish, even if only 12.5 % alcohol. Really good, just missing a bit of acidity. On second day, showing clear signs of quick evolution, flavours lighter. TN : 87-88.

2007 Salviano Orvieto Classico Superiore : Nice wine and nice value. Medium yellow color. Nose of young white wine, with light banana, pears, melon and mineral aromas. In mouth, well balanced, good core of fruits and minerailty, but add some pastry almonds flavours and a quite long finish for a 15 $ wine! Light acidity. Extremely nice and probably the best Orvieto I had in my life (but I did not drink that type of wine often). TN : 90. The pleasure was excellent.

2007 Domaine de Jonquières : Red Coteaux-du-Languedoc. I try to sample some affordable Languedoc wines lately, after paying the bills of the holidays, the contract for winter snow shovelling at my house, changing 3 windows of my house... it never end. This wine is made from Carignan and Cinsault mostly. Light reddish color, with a nose of dry earth, medium strawberries, rasberries, and thyme. Add some spices too. Really nice nose. In mouth, not heavy but still and excellent drink and nice quaffer. Fruity, with red apple skins, mineral, light game, and soft spices. A wine of pleasure. TN : 87-88.

2007 Redstone Coliore Vineyards Mc Laren Vale Australia : I don't buy often Shiraz, but as Marie-Claude's brother like them and we were with him, I made an exception. But a good one. Nice wine, on the medium side. Some kind of elegance here. No complexity but a generous nose of red fruits berries and probably minerals. In mouth, drink easily, majority of medium ripe cranberries, rasberries and spicy morels. Medium weight and finish. TN : 88-89.

All wines around or under 20 $... that's make you wonder.... why pay more....

For sure, there are a lots of wines under 25 $ that you can drink and have a lot of enjoyement and pleasure, and don't break your head in 4 to analyze the wine.

Nic
AlexR

Re: Short TN

Post by AlexR »

Thanks for your notes, Nic, even if I cannot buy those wines here!

Alex