Fronsac Killed it in 2016

RPCV

Fronsac Killed it in 2016

Post by RPCV »

Wishing all BWE members well.

All I can say is that 2016 Fronsac is epic. Fontenil, Beausejour, Vielle Cure, Dalem...all outstanding. Traditional, great streak of acidity, drinkable and worthy of the cellar. My kind of vintage and what a QPR!
Comte Flaneur

Re: Fronsac Killed it in 2016

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Thanks RP for your kind wishes in these disturbing times and thanks for the heads up.

Yes Fronsac, a perennially neglected and under-rated region. Everyone in Bordeaux killed it in 2016 it seems.

Here’s to being alive to drink them!
AKR

Post by AKR »

I can't remember if it was the 1990 Fontenil or La Dauphine but one of those did really well in a satellite AOC dinner we did some years ago. I've got an 'Arnauton' on my drink now rack, but am currently sanitizing with a high abv Bojo at the moment, after a fruitless afternoon spent trying to find TP in our city. It would appear the national emergency declared means 'horde TP so that your cat can destroy even more rolls'.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I don't understand that hurry with TP. People want to get mommyfied if they die or what?

RPCV, i believe you and i need to look for some 2016 Fronsac. For a relative good price, I'm sure they're good and tannic already, and will be for long.

Nic
Jürgen Steinke

Post by Jürgen Steinke »

Fontenil is owned by Michel Rolland – for many the devil of Bordeaux. Fontenil is a very good wine in almost any vintage. I have not tasted the 2016 so far but am not surprised it is top.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

I have a 2012 Ch. de la Huste queued up for drinking in the next couple weeks. I didn't enjoy the single bottle of their 2014 I bought - too much burnt rubber - but the 2012 has been good.
A 2015 Dalem drank a year ago was enjoyable apart from the 15% abv.