***INSTRUCTIONS FOR ZOOM MEETING***

JimHow

***INSTRUCTIONS FOR ZOOM MEETING***

Post by JimHow »

Here is the URL for the Zoom meeting that Ed created for us - https://zoom.us/j/383626244

Please be sure to join us right at the top of the hour.

The time is 4:00 p.m. U.S. eastern time.

You are responsible for knowing your own time zone.

We are planning on starting pretty quickly, as we expect 20+ participants and we will be limiting the event to 90 minutes.

So it will be VERY important to join the meeting right at the top of the hour, as we intend to explain the ground rules and get going no later than 5 minutes in. So if you have missed the instructions from the beginning it will make things difficult for not only you but everyone else.

The event will be moderated by me and DavidG. SF Ed will be hosting the event on his Zoom account and will be standing by to address any issues.

We will be VERY strict about participants talking over each other. We can only have one participant/couple speaking at a time. Thus, for most of the 90 minutes, you will be sitting back and watching the show, until it is your time to speak. David and I will speak with one participant at a time. This is okay. Just chill, sip your fine northern Medocs, and relax.

Hey, there's an idea for a theme: "Fine Northern Medocs!"

(Seriously, bring whatever you want, or bring nothing at all. Just bring yourselves!)

You'll be tempted to jump in, but PLEASE DON'T. It is VERY easy to want to jump in to the conversation but, trust me, it only creates chaos. SF Ed will have to mute you if you do. Just relax and go with the flow. Looks like we have an epic group participating, let's just let it happen!

See you soon!

BD
tim

Re: ***INSTRUCTIONS FOR ZOOM MEETING***

Post by tim »

BD,

Those rules seem a little bit too strict. I've been on conference calls with a lot more than 20 people. As long as people are respectful, it is manageable without having to sit and watch without participating. And you can use the chat feature as well to interject without speaking. And the "raise hand" feature to get attention. It's important to have a moderator but let's keep the structure more free-form than mini-interviews.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thank you for your input, Tim, I will exercise my dictatorial discretion in all of my kindness and benevolence.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

See you soon!

Here is the URL for the Zoom meeting that Ed created for us - https://zoom.us/j/383626244
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

If we have any technical problems we'll notify you here.